Fidelity Replacement Income or VG Managed Payout

TONASKET

Confused about dryer sheets
Has anyone been in these type of funds for a while? Any feedback?

Thanks.

The funds are doing well considering that they were introduced at a horrible time just before the great recession.

I jumped in the Vanguard Managed Payout fund at the beginning of the year but plan to fully jump out at the end of the year. (As a politician said, "I voted for it before I voted against it" :LOL:).

My short time in it, I really can't say if they are good, worthwhile or not. But my rational of changing my mind is that the payout fund just added another layer for me to "mess with" when I tally up my asset allocations.

I decided to just stick to indexes and reallocate and use the profits (I hope) and auto pay that each month in my checkbook at the start of each year.

A previous thread: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/from-paycheck-to-managed-payout-fund-48041.html

I looked at the Managed Payout Fund "Distribution Focus". It is 25% in bonds 65% Stock/REIT and almost 10% other. I looked and could not identify what "Other" is specifically... it is not stated. Non-specifically, the list derivatives in the policy statement.

I looked at the Managed Payout Fund "Distribution Focus". It is 25% in bonds 65% Stock/REIT and almost 10% other. I looked and could not identify what "Other" is specifically... it is not stated. Non-specifically, the list derivatives in the policy statement.

Yes, that is why I decided to get out. I don't want to go through the exercise of determining what percentage is allocated to what (they fluctuate some too in the fund) and then tally that up in my overall allocations -- too many variables for my taste. The idea did seem great at the beginning of the year :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom