Fidelity Instead...

No, they did not offer, but I'll inquire. Could be that I already had a couple of existing accounts at Fido holding ~$500K of stocks.

My leverage to squeeze one out of them is probably diminished given most of the transfers are complete, but there's still another chunk of portfolio pending other transactions they have not gotten their hands on yet.

How much $$ should I be looking to get?

Thx

I pushed them heavily after the fact (about 2 weeks after the transfer), as I didn't know about the bonus either. They pushed back gently, but agreed to it.
It was $350 for a 250k transfer.
I don't know the complete schedule of bonuses, but into the millions should get one 1k or more.
Others on this site might know.

The fact that you are not a new customer does not matter.

I pushed them heavily after the fact (about 2 weeks after the transfer), as I didn't know about the bonus either. They pushed back gently, but agreed to it.
I don't know the complete schedule of bonuses, but into the millions should get one 1k or more.

One would think they would give the bonus to all who qualified - without being prompted.

One would think they would give the bonus to all who qualified - without being prompted.

True but it just isn't so and I had 2 examples of it.

Back in 2023 we moved something over 2MM to Fidelity and enquired about a bonus first. Was worth $3000 in bonus, but I was unable to pick my cash account, which pays like 2.?% vs about 5% and spreads the cash among a bunch of different banks, meaning you get piddling interest amounts from different branches. ick. I compensate by keeping eagle eye on the cash and buying FDZXX whenever cash hits.

Back in 2023 we moved something over 2MM to Fidelity and enquired about a bonus first. Was worth $3000 in bonus, but I was unable to pick my cash account, which pays like 2.?% vs about 5% and spreads the cash among a bunch of different banks, meaning you get piddling interest amounts from different branches. ick. I compensate by keeping eagle eye on the cash and buying FDZXX whenever cash hits.

all our cores are fidelity money markets not banks.

banks are only if you go with a fdic cash mgmt account .

we don’t . we use money markets and get all cash mgmt perks

Should be core money market funds which pay close to the FZDXX MM, so you don't have to watch it every day per se.

SWVXX is currently at 5.17%. Better than the 3% or so bank I'm moving from. Debit card is supposedly on the way. I have not moved enough assets to be concerned with any bonus yet.

You could move it to Fidelity and then sign up for a fee-only advice-only service like New Retirement or Plan Vision. I’ve tried both and am currently using PV. I like them. Gives me access to 1:1 advice for tax planning and investments, without too too much hand holding.

My DS just got $1200 for moving about a half million from his Voya 401k account to an existing Schwab rollover IRA. No strings attached. The money was added to his Schwab account 3 days after the transfer to invest as he pleased.

Back
Top Bottom