Wilbur Ross-More Lucky Coin Tosses?

Interesting interview - thanks for the link.

I assume this is a spin-of from the thread where some of us were saying we can't tell if a money manager beat the market due to luck or skill? I'm sure this guy used skill to evaluate these mergers and so forth, but as far as I can tell, he doesn't run a mutual fund that someone like me can invest in.

Sure, there are successful businessmen & women, and skill plays a part. I'm not sure that's what we're talking about. I understand that Warren Buffet got actively involved in some of the companies he invested in - but there aren't many like that, at least that I know of. But if there are, and they produce great (risk adjusted) results, we ought to give them due consideration for our investments.

-ERD50

Interesting interview - thanks for the link.

I assume this is a spin-of from the thread where some of us were saying we can't tell if a money manager beat the market due to luck or skill? I'm sure this guy used skill to evaluate these mergers and so forth, but as far as I can tell, he doesn't run a mutual fund that someone like me can invest in.

-ERD50

My title spunoff of that, but I think the interview stands on it's own. I've followed his career for some time, and he also reflects my political attitudes and tilt toward pessimism about 21st century America.

I like to see how how modest and considered his opinions are, considering his fantastic accomplishments.

Ha

Fascinating interview. Thanks.

Not a coin tosser, an astute business man with some simple, yet powerful solutions for issues that could certainly hinder America going forward.

I would not consider him a money manager in the sense discussed in the other thread. He, and Buffet, are business men. Very good business men.

DD

Back
Top Bottom