Have you got all your 1099's yet?

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm still waiting for my 1099-SA from my HSA.

Health Savings Administrators is the adminstrator for my HSA. According to their website, the 1099's are sent on 1/31. I'm thinking the snowstorms delayed the postal delivery by a day or two.

I thought a requirement was for 1099's in the mail no later than 1/31.

Check your online access at the HSA site. I found a spot where they had posted my 1099. I was able to print it directly from the site.

-- Rita

Check your online access at the HSA site. I found a spot where they had posted my 1099. I was able to print it directly from the site.

-- Rita

Rita,

Do you also use Health Savings Administrators? I'm on their site now
but still looking for a place where my 1099 might be.

Easysurfer

Rita,

Do you also use Health Savings Administrators? I'm on their site now
but still looking for a place where my 1099 might be.

Easysurfer
I use HSA Bank. When I complete my log in, there is a notice that says those who elected to receive their statements electronically can download their 2010 tax documents.

-- Rita

I use HSA Bank. When I complete my log in, there is a notice that says those who elected to receive their statements electronically can download their 2010 tax documents.

-- Rita

Sounds like a nice option with HSA bank.

Thanks.

Not till mid February pe Wells Fargo. And then it will be dealing with revised ones as LPs and foreign funds report corrections.

I think I have all of mine, but I don't plan to do my taxes yet. I am working very hard at procrastinating at least another two weeks.

If the IRS isn't really ready until then, then I'm not in the mood to work on my taxes. Not that I'm likely to need to itemize, but I'd like to at least be able to look at that option before filing.

I am still missing a few 1099s. ETA: end of February according to Vanguard.

Most brokerage firms have until Feb 15 to send them out.

I consider that a good thing, because it cuts down on the "Corrected" 1099s they have to send you.

I don't file until September so I usually don't check if everything is in until it is time to file for an extension (April). I have often received 1099s after Feb. and corrected W2s as late as August.

We have all our 1099-Rs and 1099-Ints. I'm waiting for TurboTax to fix a glitch on rollovers to an IRA. They said the release date for the fix was Saturday. I really hate waiting when I'm in the mood to do taxes.

We have all our 1099-Rs and 1099-Ints. I'm waiting for TurboTax to fix a glitch on rollovers to an IRA. They said the release date for the fix was Saturday. I really hate waiting when I'm in the mood to do taxes.

People actually get in the mood to do taxes? I always thought it was done begrudgingly.

I tried kicking off TurboTax the other day, and Vanguard had not yet released the tax documents for some of my accounts ... I didn't have time to look into whether that was true or only a temporary glitch with the TurboTax software, but I was surprised.

Yep, I always get in the mood this time of year. With all the snow & cold, got more free time on my hands. Will probably due about 100-150 returns in next few months.

It's my dog-days-of-winter job. Reminds me what the working world is like, and by mid-April, I'm ready to go back to retirement.

Doing taxes is kind of relaxing in a weird sort of way. TurboTax makes the whole process pretty mindless since I can import a lot of my data. Being the obsessive/compulsive person that I am, I re-check the TT final documents manually. There's just something about having a piece of paper, pencil, a calculator, and a box of chocolates.

Well... I started my taxes with Turbotax. When I get my final 1099 form I can always revisit that section in Turbotax.

Taxes filed, but delayed until the 15th due to the new tax rules; i.e. the IRS won't start processing until then...

I'm not fooling with my return until late March. Last year I filed around the middle of March and got a corrected 1099 a week later. A pain in the rump.

Of course this is only the glitch they are telling you about. Last year TT pushed through updates well into the summer.

1099Rs are in hand, and already entered into TurboTax.

I'm waiting on VG to have brokerage data available. Then I will do the download of mutual funds and brokerage data in 1 step.
I can still itemize, so I will not e-file fed return until 1 March.
I print and file NY return along with an official letter proving that one of my sources of income is derived from a govt pension plan (not taxable in NYS). Otherwise, the processing office will show me as owing NYS tax.
I also am too cheap to pay the $19.95 to e-file state taxes. :nonono:

I got my 1099 form that I've been waiting on.

Guess I've been spoiled with everything online, having to wait for regular postal mail seemed like an eternity (plus the snow days didn't help either).

For various reasons I always do an extension. Roth conversions, late revisions to 1099s and to Turbo-Tax, late K-1s, and latest of all "per unit depletion and production factors" on US royalty trusts. I usually wind up overpaying until I get my refund in the fall.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom