It's all part of the plot

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
In the past 1.5 years: new washing machine, new water heater, rebuilt heating system, cat dental work; now seems will need crown on tooth...

My sympathies! Seems that "when it rains, it pours".

One year (2006?) I bought a new plasma TV (a big expense for me at the time), and within the month found I needed two root canals and my HVAC cratered and more, oh, I think the water heater too.

This too will pass...

Hmmm. Wasn't someone asking recently how she could spend some money? Maybe there is a God. :whistle:

This too will pass...
+1. Happens to all of us, and it's no fun at the time for anyone.

I've had to replace hot water heater, washer, furnace, AC, sump pump, dishwaser, disposal and roof on our house over the past 18 years (plus two root canals) - none of it planned and several of them came together. But it's been years since we've had a major system failure, and odds are you'll be in the clear for a while now too. I hope so...:)

Maintenance issues do seem to bunch together. One summer I had a hernia repair, three weeks later knee surgery, then a tooth crown. That was my "40-year overhaul". And around that time I did replace the water heater. But compared to some of the problems others have had I consider myself fortunate.

Back
Top Bottom