Case of the Mondays

ATC Guy

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm sure this is said a lot but Monday's definetly help me remember why I have my early retirement goals. Just thought I'd throw out a sympathy post to all of us suffering from a case of the monday's but also let's make it a reminder of our goals of FIRE.

For those who are already FIRE'd congrats and I am truly jealous!

Check out, Zac Brown Band, Knee Deep

Is it Monday again:confused: :( Well back to work, just 1 year, 11 months, 4 days, 9 hours, 49 mins, and some odd seconds that keep changing:greetings10:

I'm really having trouble finding the motivation to work and be productive today. With all the talk of the government shut-down, I was mentally gearing up for a day(s) off, and on Friday I was as excited as a school kid on the last day before summer vacation. Even though the announcement was made late Friday night that the gov't wasn't shutting down, I just haven't been able to get back into work mode.

We endured a pay freeze and are now going through a badly bungled reorg here. It is a wonder I show up every day...

There are 2 days in my week. 6 Saturdays when I take it easy and Sunday when I take a rest.

What a pleasant Monday it is, in retirement! You who are still working have a lot of retirement fun to anticipate. :D

TGIM! I need to buy something at the mall, and it's always too crowded with the working class on the weekend days.

Yes, we have some shopping to do today, as well.

We endured a pay freeze and are now going through a badly bungled reorg here. It is a wonder I show up every day...

A Fed reorg is interesting to watch. Difficult employees are hot potatoes, managers will try to ditch them. It is amazing to watch their efforts to sell the guy/gal who they want to fire to another manager.

Now is the time to consider building your own firm (or joining someone else's), develop a business plan, start a contact list of the folks who you would want to join you. Federal employees are no longer handcuffed by the pension plan.

Thanks for reminding me it is Monday - I had no idea what day it was... :)
TGIM! I need to buy something at the mall, and it's always too crowded with the working class on the weekend days.
If it wasn't for "trash day" and "shaving day" then I'd never be able to remember when to check the mailbox.

TGIM so that I can stop hunkering down in the house to avoid the crowds and go back to enjoying the quiet neighborhood...

I've made an important discovery. This isn't for everyone, but a 4-day work week is the answer. I don't mind Monday, as I have forgotten most of the job over the previous three days off (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Another fact of this approach is that there is no "hump day." I can not explain sufficiently how well this works for me. If you can not be retired at this moment, the 4-day work week is tremendous. Second place probably goes to the 5-day week, with one or two days working remote, from home.

I've made an important discovery. This isn't for everyone, but a 4-day work week is the answer. I don't mind Monday, as I have forgotten most of the job over the previous three days off (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Another fact of this approach is that there is no "hump day." I can not explain sufficiently how well this works for me. If you can not be retired at this moment, the 4-day work week is tremendous. Second place probably goes to the 5-day week, with one or two days working remote, from home.

That makes sense to me. It's not a realistic option for me right now (love my job, pays well, etc), but I love 3-day weekends. I feel like on the 3rd day of a 3-day weekend is when I finally get to my "me time" and can really recharge and relax. With the current 5/2 schedule, I always feel like Monday is coming too soon.

When I switched from working full time to part time in 2001, I just about never worked on a Monday. In those 7 years (2001-2008), I mostly worked from home for about 2 years, then went to my office 3 days a week for about 3.5 years, then went to my office 2 days a week for about 1.5 years. I worked maybe 10 Mondays in those 7 years because I hated it so much, and because I became busy on Monday nights and I would get home too late and too work out to do stuff.

Now Monday is not much different from any other day of the week, as I am off every day! :)

Hmmmm, it's technically Monday in CST. I probably should get some sleep before the w*rk day. LoL... I guess it sucks for me!

The only days I know are garbage days (Thursdays) and generator automatic maintenance run (Saturdays). I have to put the garbage days on my Outlook calendar so I get a reminder to pack it up and take it out to the road for pickup. Otherwise, it would never get done.

We have the generator's maintenance cycle on Saturday to remind us we're supposed to go to Mass that evening.... power outages completely mess me up because then I have to actually put forth the effort to check the day of the week.

for whatever reason this is an especially painful Monday, but I just need to keep my eye on the prize.

The only days I know are garbage days (Thursdays) and generator automatic maintenance run (Saturdays). I have to put the garbage days on my Outlook calendar so I get a reminder to pack it up and take it out to the road for pickup. Otherwise, it would never get done.

We have the generator's maintenance cycle on Saturday to remind us we're supposed to go to Mass that evening.... power outages completely mess me up because then I have to actually put forth the effort to check the day of the week.

EastTexas, you need to get a day clock. I hung mine by the bedroom door so I can check it first thing in the morning. Unfortunately sometimes I have to check it more than once a day.

I have a widget on my laptop screen that provides the day and date in large print on an brilliant, eye-catching orange background. Also I wear a watch which provides both as well.

I need to know if it is a trash day, a gym day, or the weekend (when stores will be crowded). Oh, and also whether it is Thursdays when a favorite restaurant has a Thursday special that we like. Every day is one of these.

Thanks for reminding me it is Monday - I had no idea what day it was... :)

You just had to rub it in, didn't you.

An indeterminite number of days until I leave the reservation. Back in March, I told my immediate boss that I'd probably be retiring either early 2012 or early 2013. It took him a while to get past the "what will you do all day" and "but the money's good" reactions. Now he's trying to sell me on staying on. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom