How to Buy Stolen Credit Cards

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I have never had my CC stolen, nor would I ever partake in any illegal shenanigans, but this is s real eye-opener to me.

Let's buy some credit cards!

Inside the shop, different credit cards sell for different prices — platinum cards are $35; corporate cards, $45. It's more expensive for cards with higher credit limits.

So you pick and choose a basket of numbers. Criminals usually buy these things in bulk, in case the credit cards get canceled. But a few of them should work.

Once the online deal is done, you get a list of credit card numbers. To turn the numbers into a piece of plastic you can actually use, you need some equipment.

Mularski jumps up and pulls open his desk drawer. He pulls out a piece of white plastic with a magnetic strip on it (it looks like a hotel key), and a machine that looks like a toaster for really skinny bagels.

The machine's called an MSR-206. You hook it up to your computer, and swipe your plastic card through it. It encodes the credit card information onto the magnetic strip — like burning a playlist onto a CD.

Next you run the white plastic card through another machine to get the raised lettering and the holograms that make it look legit.

Then you hit the malls and go shopping.

How To Buy A Stolen Credit Card : Planet Money : NPR

Over a hundred of the encoders are currently listed on E-Bay , along with handheld card readers for corrupt employees of merchants to steal the info from any credit card you hand them for payment.

Back
Top Bottom