Amy Winehouse is dead

I can't say that I'm surprised. Such a shame that addiction is so powerful. I feel for her family.

Such a talented woman. Loved her voice and musical style. RIP Amy.

A shame - great voice. Some survive to sing over time and get more evocative as they wrinkle - I'm thinking of Jesse Colin Young's "Darkness Darkness" from thirty or so years ago and his more nuanced recent version. Johnny Cash's cover of the NIN "Hurt" is another song done by an old performer that gives me chills. Looking at the pictures of Winehouse meth comes to mind. Hell of a drug, meth...

An early, nice picture and a very ugly one in the link below
Drugs, The Natural Beauty Enhancer - Imgur

Pmrj2

Very sad. She had a very unusual voice- I enjoyed listening to her. I saw a video of her once singing when she was very young, before drugs. I think it was for her fine arts school. She was such a cute and talented girl. What a shame.

I am finally able to get past the tats, piercings, and fake eye stuff and listen to her music. She did have a remarkable voice.

Rustward said:
I am finally able to get past the tats, piercings, and fake eye stuff and listen to her music. She did have a remarkable voice.

Tomorrow is the release of an amy winehouse album that she wrote but didnt get around to recording until almost too late, call Lioness something.
Amy was a unique talent.

Back
Top Bottom