popmoney

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Any opinions/experience with popmoney?
It is recommended by a credit card.
PayPal is refusing to cooperate with me.

Sorry, I haven't heard of it.

https://www.popmoney.com/popnet/faces/popmoney/common/about.jsp?name=about_popmoney

Popmoney is an innovative service offered by leading financial institutions.
Popmoney eliminates the hassles of checks and cash by allowing you to send and receive money as easily as you send and receive email and text messages. Best of all, you don't need another account. Just use your current bank account.
If your bank offers Popmoney, you can send and receive money directly through your bank's online and mobile banking site. Otherwise, you can receive your money by providing your bank account information at Popmoney.com. Once you provide that information, your money will be sent to that bank account.
It's just that easy!
Popmoney was created by CashEdge, the leader in Intelligent Money MovementTM services. CashEdge has spent the last decade working With the nation's leading financial institutions to build innovative, secure solutions to meet the evolving demand for smarter money movement. Financial institutions interested in offering the Popmoney service to their customers can contact us at sales@cashedge.com.

My US bank offers it but I haven't looked into it. I assume there is a charge to use the service.

In the UK all the banks offer similar services which are free and extremely easy to use to pay bills, send money to friends etc. I have used these services a lot this last 6 months and maybe I'll investigate popmoney when we get back to the US.

PS
here are some FAQs

Last edited:
I'm using Popmoney to pay my college student daughter her monthly allowance. Been doing this for over a year. No fees, no hassle, and I don't have to remember to send her a check.

Both of us have bank accounts with PNC bank but PNC offers Popmoney for no fee to non PNC bank accounts.

Lorne

I think CashEdge is the company Vanguard uses to consolidate outside accounts with Vgd accounts when compiling reports and total balances.

Another option is Zashpay

It's kind of like Paypal, but instead of a middleman, the payments go from bank to bank. There's like a 75 cent charge to the one initiating the payment.

The drawback is the application process can feel intrusive, as they ask for personal information (SSN, copy of DL) to prove you are who you are. I guess if you open an account in a bank, they'd ask for the same, but it feels funny through the mail.

Prices to send money sure is nicer than Western Union though.

BTW, I though Pop/Mom Money is what parents gave their childern :D ...

...yeah, and I thought pop money was what I was earning by working that paper route when I was 11 years old...

R

Back
Top Bottom