Tennis again

palomalou

Recycles dryer sheets
Who saw that incredible Federer/Djokovic match today? And the Nadal/Murray is showing promise now too.
My old fave I couldn't remember was Roscoe Tanner, who always seemed to exhibit exemplary sportsmanship--which made this a big shock:
Blast from the Past: Roscoe Tanner, Tennis Bad Boy | Bleacher Report
But of course I followed him on the court, and only a year or so ago wondered, "Whatever happened to..."

Wasn't he the guy with a big serve? And pretty much it?
McEnroe was my favorite rogue player. I still have fun watching him on TV as commentator. People never really change, they just get older.

Who saw that incredible Federer/Djokovic match today? And the Nadal/Murray is showing promise now too.

I watched it - fantastic game.

Pity that Murray could not maintain his comeback and take that game into a 5th set.

Should be a cracking final - not sure I'll be able to see it as we'll be traveling now that it is moved to Monday.

Wasn't he the guy with a big serve? And pretty much it?
McEnroe was my favorite rogue player. I still have fun watching him on TV as commentator. People never really change, they just get older.

Yes, Tanner had a huge serve, I recall.

McEnroe was my favorite in the 1980s, too. Although I do not follow pro tennis much any more, I did tune in to watch a few minutes of the Nadal match. Were you watching it when McEnroe was going off about some fan sitting in a front row behind one of the players and who was not settled into his seat, delaying the play? He soon apologized to his fellow announcers for his mild outburst, claiming that it "brought back some nightmares!" LOL!

No, I did not watch Nadal's match, but I'm not surprised with Mac's outburst. Yes, it is a lot fo fun, I think that;s why he keeps that job, not because of his technical commentaries.

Back
Top Bottom