Recommended reading on FIRE?

thatgirlmjl

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello, everyone!

I have read the following:
The Millionaire Next Door (read multiple times)
Your Money or Your Life (great starter book)
Rich Dad, Poor Dad (some decent ideas--pay yourself first)
Early Retirement Extreme (my favorite FIRE book thus far)
Fail-Safe Investing (my favorite investing book)

Would anyone recommend books that enlightened them on the road to FIRE?

Thank you! : )

~Meghan

Your first two are among the best. The Four Pillars of Investing is my personal favorite book on investing. Here's the best complete list IMO Investment Books

And once you're close to retirement;
Work Less, Live More and
How to Retire Happy, Wild & Free​

Last edited:
"Risk Less and Prosper" by Zvi Bodie, is a recently published book I just read. Good for people establishing goals and proper risk tolerance levels. It is also a good read because it is a very conservative style to counter balance books that are aggressively tilted toward equities. I dont think he really even discussed stocks until final quarter of the book. He definitely advocates the purchase of TIPS and I Bonds.

I certainly don't meet the whippersnapper qualification, but even an old dog like me can't help noticing the glaring absence of a recent military-related book and its associated blog...
Thank you! Since that list is actually in the book, it seems kinda recursive to have the book in that list.

The ones that helped me most were

cashing-in-on-the-american-dream1.jpg

0393325350.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

9780140167153.jpg

196_early_retirement.jpg

68_020620_richdadpoordad.jpg

Yes, Kyosaki made the list!

Unlike most people, it seems, I got very little out of Millionaire Next Door and How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free.

+1 on "A Random Walk Down Wall Street".
Still the best resource for a thorough theoretical background IMO.
My favourite web site (apart from this forum) is The Retire Early Home Page. Not sure if it's OK to post a link, but you'll find it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom