Troubles over Estate Planning

RetireBy90

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
An interesting article from USAToday Feuds over estate planning more likely in a nation of blended families

Thought you might find interesting. Couple points I found interesting:

Despite the downturn, though, more than $20 trillion will be transferred to heirs in the next 50 years — the largest transfer of wealth in U.S. history, according to the Center on Wealth and Philanthropy at Boston College.

And more blended families can lead to disputes

More than half of all first marriages end in divorce and about 75% of divorced people will marry again, according to the National Stepfamily Resource Center. About 65% of these unions will include children from previous marriages. More than 40% of American adults have at least one step-relative, according to a Pew Research Center study earlier this year.

An interesting article from USAToday Feuds over estate planning more likely in a nation of blended families

Thought you might find interesting. Couple points I found interesting:

And more blended families can lead to disputes

I've been reading about this "great transfer of wealth" for at least 20 years. Maybe the top 1% or so.
My anecdotal observation: most of that money is going to be spent on medical care before the baby boomers get anything.
My inheritance was $2K (mutual fund), and I didn't even expect that. Mother wanted to leave me something.

If I am lucky this is my inheritance .

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom