This Year's $20.00 Vacation Photo

MikeD

Full time employment: Posting here.
We just got back from our annual vacation in Ft Myers, Fl. Ft Myers doesn't exactly scream vacation destination but it's near Sanibel and Captiva which is why I go. It's also the home of the Red Sox's spring training facilities, which is why my wife goes ;). We did the spring training game between The Yankees and The Red Sox. It was a tie! Apparently, during spring training games they stop playing after 9 innings, no matter what. This was news to me, as is all of baseball knowledge, but also news to my wife who is a big baseball fan. It was a surprise to all the other ten thousand people at the new stadium who really booed a lot. It was a good game. We had unbelievably good seats. The weather was nice and there were no unpleasant people in our vicinity.

We were there for a week and did all our usual wildlife walks. At the Corkscrew wildlife preserve we saw a 12 foot long, 250 pound alligator from 30 feet away. It was both safe and scary. We were up on a boardwalk about 6 feet above the ground and about 7 feet above sea level. I have a new smart phone. I don't know how to use it yet. I took a gator picture and accidentally and unknowingly took a 15:30 video of the inside of my phone case. It got uploaded and cost me an extra $20.00 worth of data usage. I won't do that again!

I extracted a still of our fearsome friend from the video. Attached is twenty dollars worth of vacation memories.

Mike D.

Attachments

• FloridaGator.jpg
    FloridaGator.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 31
When I lived in Venice ,Fl. I encountered an alligator at my ATM . We also had an alligator that sunbathed in our backyard .

Ah, these taste just like chicken from what I have read. Next time I am in Florida, I will definitely try it. Yes, I will this time.

We have been to Sanibel 6 times and we have several gator spotting sites on the island that we frequent. We usually go to CorkScrew also. And there is an excellent gator viewing site on the Turner River Road just north of US 41 -- the Tamiami Trail.

Back
Top Bottom