Intelligent Artificial Intelligence

mystang52

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So, I posted a question here about rowing machines (after seeing the responses and researching further, they will not fit the purpose I'm after). But now, when I log on, I see pop-up ads for rowing machines. OK, I did follow some of the links responders sent me, so I guess that's how my computer knows.
But as far as I know I've never hit a link for Suze Orman, yet her smiling face shows up every couple of days in pop-up ad.......

look up 'cookies' as they relate to internet traffic.

You can turn them off if you don't want google tracking your web activity and adjusting the ads to fit your preferred content, but without cookies you'll also lose the ability to do a lot of things on the internet too (sites won't remember you so you'll have to log in every 30 minutes or so... as just one example)

Also, if ads are annoying, you can download free programs to attach to browsers that will block all ads.

Personally, if I have to look at ads (I'll admit I've never once clicked on one in my life), at least it is nice to see photos in them of stuff I like... for that, I thank google.

Last edited:
So, I posted a question here about rowing machines (after seeing the responses and researching further, they will not fit the purpose I'm after). But now, when I log on, I see pop-up ads for rowing machines. OK, I did follow some of the links responders sent me, so I guess that's how my computer knows.
But as far as I know I've never hit a link for Suze Orman, yet her smiling face shows up every couple of days in pop-up ad.......

If by researching you mean putting the words "rowing machine" into a search engine that is all the info Google (or any search engine) needs to make sure you see ads for rowing machine. If you went to a site that sells rowing machines that is further confirmation that you maybe interested in purchasing of increased value to rowing machine retailers and manufacturers.

As for Suze Orman if you ever did a search for any time of financial information or even did a search for this forum that will add increased emphasis for financial ads.

I for one welcome the more target ads. I remember back in the 80s having a male roommate named Chris, he was constantly get feminine hygiene product and perfume samples in the mail. After I got finished teasing him, I remember thinking how stupid of these companies not figure out that Chris was guy and what a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom