Anyone from Australia? Any Aussie site reccommendations?

dr_popeye

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hey I already posted my story on here. I am just wondering if anyone from Australia can share resources and ideas. I am a doctor with limited assets who just paid off all student debt. I am planning semi-retirement as quickly as possible because of a health problem that is likely to cause increasing problems as time goes on. The problem with my plan is that super annuation schemes here seem to be set up for a retirement age of 65 and there is talk of increasing the age of retirement. So how does one plan for this? Are there tax sheltered ways of investing for retirement that do not utilize superannuation? If I am making over 250k then how can I go about keeping as much of it as possible? The last accountant I had didn't have any bright ideas. I would have done the same if I had filled out my income tax myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated. There are no schemes for people with disabilities to plan for retirement as far as I know. But it would make sense to reward someone like me for forward planning and not relying on a disability pension from the government later in life.

Back
Top Bottom