DNS Changer

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I did not see that this was posted already. I checked my computer and got a green light.:D

How can you detect if your computer has been violated and infected with DNS Changer?

An industry wide team has developed easy “are you infected” web sites. They are a quick way to determine if you are infected with DNS Changer. Each site is designed for any normal computer user to browse to a link, follow the instructions, and see if they might be infected. Each site has instructions in their local languages on the next steps to clean up possible infections.

Detect | DCWG

I'm green too. Thanks for the post.

CNN did a story on this last night - they listed the URL to go to to check your computer - I checked and also got a green light. Big sigh of relief.

I read recently that a website called DCWG or something is using a bogus test to install viruses, malware and trojans onto unsuspecting users' computers.

Just kidding. Maybe. :D

MichaelB said:
I read recently that a website called DCWG or something is using a bogus test to install viruses, malware and trojans onto unsuspecting users' computers.

Just kidding. Maybe. :D

You are bad bad bad, but I had the same thought!

You are bad bad bad, but I had the same thought!

You have to be careful. I had the same thought, but I saw that url from a reputable site the day before, so wasn't alarmed.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom