Harp 2

boont

Recycles dryer sheets
Just completed a Refi using the Harp 2 program. It took four months but was successful. Saved about $300 a month on a rental property that is under water.

If you are wondering if this can be done, well, it can.

b.

harp2? I'm not familiar. I have a good friend that has a rental property that is underwater. It is NOT owner occupied. Was this your situation as well? What interest rate were you able to get?

We're in the process of a HARP 2 refi with AIM loans. Our LTV ratio is 116% and we are going from a 6.375% 30-year loan to a 3.625% 20-year loan. It doesn't drop the payment a lot but we'll pay it off sooner with less interest. I calculated that we will pay it off in 10 years with extra principal payments each month. I forget why we didn't qualify for the original HARP - something to do with PMI or a higher LTV ratio at the time.

Answer

"It is NOT owner occupied. Was this your situation as well? What interest rate were you able to get?"

Mine is not "owner occupied" either. It is a rental house. The bank appraisal (which was wrong) was so low it was crazy. Lucky it doesn't make any difference with Harp2.

My new rate is 4.5%, which is pretty good for income property. I was caught at 5.75% and couldn't get out of that loan until Harp2 appeared.

Seems like the key is a strong credit score and decent income. I met both of those rules.

b.

boont, thanks for the info, I've started looking into it. I own a 2 family with a friend and we were unable to refi due to a ridiculously low appraisal as well (rate is currently 5.875%). It's not underwater, but most of the equity vanished, lol. Good thing is, he lives in the 2 family so I should be able to get owner occupied rates. He also owns another house by himself at a high interest rate that is crazy underwater. He should qualify on this one as well.

Back
Top Bottom