I have a Dumb question?

cjacks

Dryer sheet aficionado
How do you access firecalc?
Cjacks

Sorry, the title was supposed to read "dumb question" does anyone know how to change the title?

Last edited:
Thanks LOL, but apparently it is not IPad compatible. When I submit info it doesn't respond!
Cjacks

Last edited:
Thanks LOL, but apparently it is not IPad compatible. When I submit info it doesn't respond!
Cjacks
Works on my iPad. Fill in the numbers, hit submit, a new window opens with the results and a nice graph.

Cjacks

Sorry, the title was supposed to read "dumb question" does anyone know how to change the title?

I actually sort of like "Dunbar question" to mean "dumb question" and figured you had done it on purpose :).

I changed the title for you, since that was your intent. If you decide you prefer "Dunbar question" just let us know.... :D

No question is dumb around here. All of us are learning from each other and sharing ideas.

cjacks said:
Cjacks

Thanks for all your help. No, sorry to say I didn't do the "Dunbar" thing on purpose. I seem to experience a lot of typo's with the IPad. I'll give firecalc another try when I'm feeling more adventurous. My interest in firecalc is more about curiosity then need. Although I am not good with computers I am pretty good at crunching numbers. Anyway it turns out that when I sat down and added things up a couple years ago when I turned 60, I was a lot better off then I realized. I am leaving my job March 1 st and technically retirement is going to commence on my 63rd birthday in July. Thanks again for all the help.
Cjacks

Dunbar's number

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
See also: Dunbar (disambiguation)
Dunbar's number is a suggested cognitive limit to the number of people with whom one can maintain stable social relationships. These are relationships in which an individual knows who each person is, and how each person relates to every other person.[1] Proponents assert that numbers larger than this generally require more restrictive rules, laws, and enforced norms to maintain a stable, cohesive group. No precise value has been proposed for Dunbar's number. It has been proposed to lie between 100 and 230, with a commonly used value of 150.[2][3] Dunbar's number states the number of people one knows and keeps social contact with, and it does not include the number of people known personally with a ceased social relationship, nor people just generally known with a lack of persistent social relationship, a number which might be much higher and likely depends on long-term memory size.
Dunbar's number was first proposed by British anthropologist Robin Dunbar, who theorized that "this limit is a direct function of relative neocortex size, and that this in turn limits group size ... the limit imposed by neocortical processing capacity is simply on the number of individuals with whom a stable inter-personal relationship can be maintained." On the periphery, the number also includes past colleagues such as high school friends with whom a person would want to reacquaint oneself if they met again.[4]

Wow! I can't believe I accidentally referred to something so sophisticated. I'm still not sure I know how to use firecalc, but I can figure out what my Dunbar rating is. This forum is just full of surprises. And with a little effort i might be able to increase my Dunbar rating. Can I change the title back to Dunbar? ( just kidding, please don't change the title.)

Last edited:
...And here I thought it was some obscure reference to Dances With Wolves... "No, not 'dumb bear' -- Dunbar." :blush:

Back
Top Bottom