Cruisin'

Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Two weeks ago I saw a really good last minute deal on a 7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral and thought what a nice way to spend some time. As in the past we have booked an inside cabin to keep the cost down and save the money for another mini-vacation. I have to say it is nice to have a wife that is almost as frugal as I am. :dance:

Other times we have cruised it was to visit ports. To make sure I got my money's worth it was rushing around to see everything. I have a difficult time relaxing and feel like I need to make the best use of time. This time (since we have been to these ports and I am gradually starting to slow down) we are buying a Spa package to use a special mineral pool and the steam rooms. We are also bringing a couple of books to read and will be using the exercise room to work off all the food. This will either be a refreshing change or drive me nuts. We'll see. Leaving to drive to the port in an hour.

Cheers!

Yeah, have fun. DW and I took an Alaska cruise a few years ago and a couple of Caribbean cruises years back when the kids were young. We actually enjoyed the days at sea part the most. We are both good with relaxing with a book. We will probably take a New York to Europe cruise one of these days. We will pop the extra bucks for a balcony cabin. Even those can be heavily discounted if you are flexible on time and location.

Living near a cruise terminal is a nice advantage in ER! Have a wonderful time!

Enjoy your trip!!

You make an interesting point about "To make sure I got my money's worth it was rushing around to see everything". My wife and I have been skiing for over 30 years and I fall into the same trap every year...let's make a couple of extra runs to get our money's worth. My last day is next Friday. We have a ski condo booked for Feb & March. Since I have 60 days available, I hope I can slow down and enjoy things rather than trying to cram things in.

have a great time. you didn't mention what cruise line or what ports you will hit. DW and I have been on a few cruises and loved everyone.

Back
Top Bottom