Sharing without marriage.

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
I am preparing to move to Florida in a year or so to cohabit with a friend. It has been a real pain attempting to get said friend onto various accounts.
AAA was no great problem, but car insurance requires a shared address (unless married or child).
And health insurance/SSA/pension are impossible.

I guess it would be easier to get married, but with the government shut down, no marriage licences. Sounds like a rock and a hard place to me.

but with the government shut down, no marriage licences.

I didn't realize marriage licenses were issued at the federal level. Around these parts, we get them at the county courthouse which had open doors when I drove by it today.

I guess it would be easier to get married, but with the government shut down, no marriage licences. Sounds like a rock and a hard place to me.
Seriously? Do you think nobody can get married this weekend? Even if it was a federal license, which it isn't, how long do you expect the shutdown to last?

I am preparing to move to Florida in a year or so to cohabit with a friend. It has been a real pain attempting to get said friend onto various accounts.
AAA was no great problem, but car insurance requires a shared address (unless married or child).
And health insurance/SSA/pension are impossible.
I believe SSA & pension require you to be married before they will add someone to your account .Plus a year or so is a long time I would not be adding anyone to my accounts until we had lived together for several years .IMO !

Seriously? Do you think nobody can get married this weekend? Even if it was a federal license, which it isn't, how long do you expect the shutdown to last?

Sorry, my comment on marriage licenses was a little tongue in cheek which did not translate too well. No idea how long the shutdown will last....

Adding him to my accounts would lower our total expenses, and simplify bookkeeping. We might end up marrying just so he can get SSA.

It's football season...nobody is getting married.

Back
Top Bottom