Successful ACA sign up - Florida

jflynn4

Recycles dryer sheets
Yes .... Showing "completed" and "enrolled" and just verified it with the 800 # AND have an application number with the insurer who also shows qualified for the subsidy.

This, after days of frustration and circles, took place in less than 2 hours once I

1). Started a new application with a different email, and,

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Cleared my browser cache EVERY time I went to log onto the healthcare.gov site.

In fact, doing so, got me thru the site - slowly but surely - with seemingly no further "glitches."

A friend of mine had suggested doing the cache clear, saying that it appears the site was using technology that used information from previous visits to keep track of visitors and it was possible that it was corrupting the process.

So ... MAYBE things are improving?

Good luck to everyone and here's hoping that tomorrow doesn't bring a new disappointment!

Very interesting. My folks launched a disastrous "upgrade" of a government contract buying site that left users all over the country angry. Problems trying to keep info persistent like that were a significant component of the unresponsive site. It took close to a month to get things stabilized and the system was held together with spit and kludges for long after that. The after action evaluations were brutal. Luckily for me, the go decision was made by an exiting executive who I was coming in to replace or I could have been flushed down the toilet, and rightfully so. My experiences with that system and dealing with countless other teams (in government and private sector) who blew enterprise information system rollouts leaves me unsurprised that the health.gov fixes are taking so long. The six month open season may save the day and extensions are inevitable if the fixes take months.

Oh, and congratulations on getting your insurance. You should give feedback to the system managers if you can find a way.

Well, I'm "officially" enrolled and have submitted the first monthly premium. The information states that I will receive a welcome packet within 2-5 days.

So ...... unless something gets completely screwed up here, it sounds like my days of working with the website are over.

And it appears that this all fell in place as a result of the deletion of cache and cookies from my browser before logging in.

Amazing .....

Well, I'm "officially" enrolled and have submitted the first monthly premium. The information states that I will receive a welcome packet within 2-5 days.

So ...... unless something gets completely screwed up here, it sounds like my days of working with the website are over.

And it appears that this all fell in place as a result of the deletion of cache and cookies from my browser before logging in.

Amazing .....
Congratulations and thanks for the tips. I've gotten to the point where I need to choose a plan but have been reluctant to pull the trigger. It's good to hear that the system (sort of) works.

My application is currently "in progress" for the past week, how long did you have to wait for it to get to the next step?

My application is currently "in progress" for the past week, how long did you have to wait for it to get to the next step?

I hate to tell ya this but I had an "in progress" for a while...gave up...re registered with a different email...logged in using Internet explorer with a cleaned cache and no cookies...was able to get thru the entire process including enrollment being confirmed...and meanwhile, my original entry is still reporting "in process." It appears that is a term for "locked up due to a system glitch."

I hate to tell ya this but I had an "in progress" for a while...gave up...re registered with a different email...logged in using Internet explorer with a cleaned cache and no cookies...was able to get thru the entire process including enrollment being confirmed...and meanwhile, my original entry is still reporting "in process." It appears that is a term for "locked up due to a system glitch."
After countless hours of 800 madness and multiple applications, I finally got to select a plan. :dance: FYI, I think the fact that I selected "homeless" option was messing things up, so don't do that.
For those who got this far, how long did it take before the insurance company contacted you (is that the next step?)

After countless hours of 800 madness and multiple applications, I finally got to select a plan. :dance: FYI, I think the fact that I selected "homeless" option was messing things up, so don't do that.
For those who got this far, how long did it take before the insurance company contacted you (is that the next step?)

It took 5 days from the time I successfully enrolled, to the time that the ins co "generated" an invoice for me. I called the ins co the day after I enrolled, and they had nothing from healthcare.gov yet.

Other folks have had much faster reaction times, though.

Insurance cards arrived Friday and the BCBS paperwork all arrived on Saturday. I guess it's official .... This ER saves $1300 per month for improved coverage. Of course, somewhere, someone is paying significantly more so that I can have this benefit so it's kind of a bittersweet moment.

It took 5 days from the time I successfully enrolled, to the time that the ins co "generated" an invoice for me. I called the ins co the day after I enrolled, and they had nothing from healthcare.gov yet.

Other folks have had much faster reaction times, though.
I completed the application on the 16th, call the ins co on the 20th, no application but put my name on the priority list for whatever that's worth, today is Christmas and nothing under the tree :mad:. I call the help line, the friendly govt employee says they sent it and can't help me, the insurance co says they didn't get it....I'm stuck in limbo land...maybe I need to fill out another application? I could then cancel/remove the 2nd application

Back
Top Bottom