What was your very first word ever?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This thread may go nowhere if 'mama' or 'dada' are the overriding answers, wouldn't surprise me.

My first word was "wheel." Dad liked cars, and they gave me a Matchbox car probably before I was 1. As soon as I could stand, I would stand by the piano bench and roll my car back forth endlessly (simple things amuse simple minds). Evidently I was [-]obsessed[/-] too determined to stop and I did it so often that my Mom made a cover for the piano bench so I didn't wear grooves in it.

The dog's name. Can't remember it at the moment, but definitely the dog was higher up on my verbal hierarchy than mom and dad.

The dog's name. Can't remember it at the moment, but definitely the dog was higher up on my verbal hierarchy than mom and dad.
:LOL: Love it. DW and I usually remember dog's names long after we've forgotten the owners name(s). We still refer to a couple we knew on our (boat) dock as "Hershey's parents." No idea what their names were anymore...

"Hot"

Apparently I learned to appreciate an attractive woman at a very young age...

Are you sure it wasn't because you were the kid who put his hand on a hot stove more than once?:D

Mine was "tickle". Apparently I liked it then.

Mine too was the dog's name. Only I couldn't say it properly, years later I asked DM why we called the dog by two different names. She gave me the story of my inability to say his name, but obviously trying to. Dog didn't mind. Had never thought about family hierarchy, yep he was my best friend.

MRG

I can't even remember something I said yesterday ....

But I have very old memory of looking up at couple of dogs in my grandma's place. The dogs were probably less than two feet tall in reality but they looked as big as a house.

"I think, therefore I am" :D

I don't actually know what my first word was, but I'm going to guess "cat." We had lots of cats growing up, so it seems likely. Still one of my favorite words!

I don't know for sure. I figure it was either 'hambunger' (hamburger) or 'nomanee' (banana).

DH first word was not mama or daddy, it was a statement...Fan a'turnin'.

:blink:

How would I remember? I do not believe you guys' and gals' stories either.

My first word was "wheel."

At first look, I though you said "Wh***". Shows how obsessed I am with the market.

I was told that my first word was 'cow' as I pointed at one.

My granddaughter's first word was 'bird', and she signed bird (ASL) at the same time.

Have no idea what my first word was but I was quite the chatterbox. My Mom used to put me in the playpen on the front porch and I would talk to anybody who passed. That was in the days before child kidnapping was popular in our our small town.

Have not the foggiest idea. Was told I started talking late, whatever that means. Still frugal with words.

Back
Top Bottom