Looking back..........

Thanks. I looked through the article, even though I do not tend to ever regret what I have done in the past. My attitude is that I did the best I could, and needed to explore the outcome of mistakes on my own in order to learn from them.

Only one of those regrets might possibly apply to me, and that was the one about working too hard. I guess I kind of felt I had to at the time, so maybe that was not a mistake. I do wish I had been able to figure out a way to get through life without working so hard, though.

At any rate, I have corrected that situation since I am now retired and it looks like I will never have to work again, hooray! :D

:dance:

I didn't read the article because my attitude has always been to regret absolutely nothing that has ever happened in my life, no matter how painful. Each incident, no matter how small, taught me something valuable. Each incident, no matter how trivial, led to today. And I rather like today.

Okay, you made me look :). Do dying people really regret they didn't have a killer go-to recipe? Or wish that they had networked more?

There is no author or source for where these regrets came from so I searched for the website. Apparently a young freelance web designer throws this stuff together. Here is an article about the site. http://www.thewire.com/technology/2013/12/buzzfeed-box-person-behind-viralnova/71529/

Genius.

Last edited:
I do have regrets, and they pretty much all fall into the same class. If I didn't fully value someone who although I was not thrilled with what they were dealing me, they were doing their best. I also really hate it when I realize I have let someone down or been impolite or short.

Ha

The part about teeth was especially hard to read, since I have always taken the best possible care of mine, yet they are falling apart anyway. My parents neglected my teeth and by the time I could afford my own dental care, it was too late - the spiral of breakdown is inexorable.

Amethyst

I have quite a few regrets in my life. I do not fixate on these regrets and I don't let them get me down, but there are definitely things that I would do differently if I had the chance. Like HaHa, I always regret it when I let someone down, or I am impatient or impolite. I always resolve to do better and really try, but I am not perfect, so I will always have regrets.

I'm sure there are some things I can still work on, but my biggest regret in hindsight is spending too much on exotic cars. Should have spent more of those $s on family vacations.

There have been prior threads like this, but I couldn't find them. This article has a pretty good list of regrets, that might be helpful to some of us: 37 Regrets That You Should Always Avoid

For dying person's list, almost all of them are understandable. The one that raise my eyebrow was not learning one awesome party trick. Really? I can't believe any dying person would regret this over all other things that may have been more important to the person.

Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention.

Having said that, if I had to do it over again, I'd get a job with the state of MA: Courts, MBTA or RMV.

Retire as early as 43, double dip maybe for another job, full COLA'd pension, HC for life, discover a small disability (hearing loss is a good one) and as a result, retire even earlier, get the Fed taxes paid and a discount on property taxes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom