Site went Dark?

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
For some strange reason, I could not access the ER site over the past 2.5 days. I am not sure whether my ISP had an issue with this site or there was some other site problem going on. I had no problem accessing any of my other frequently visited sites. Did any one else have a problem?

Whatever the issue might have been, you are here now, so it is apparently resolved. It is probably another of the multitude of internet enigmas and mysteries that we all have encountered through the years.

Anyway, welcome back! :flowers:

Last edited:
In the past I've had problems like this and had to reboot my router and wireless to get e-r.org to work. I started having more problems and lowered my MTU size. Find your correct MTU size | Community Site can help if you want to try that route. My only comment on those instructions is that I wouldn't reduce by 2, I'd reduce by 100 and zone in until you get the largest value that works. If those instructions are too much for you, just go with my first suggestion.

Connection problems are almost always on my end, and with the router. It's from 2001 and I've kicked it from here to Delaware.

I have bought at least 2-3 new routers since 2001. They have gotten a lot better, you know? They are much more user friendly than in the old days.

Oh, and to add to my post, you'll have to figure out how to change the MTU size on your modem/router. It's probably under an advanced network option.

The lights have been on the entire time. Maybe you blacked out due to Olympic withdrawal symptoms? :cool:

I had problems accessing this site on Sunday and Monday. Got a message saying something like ( I can't exactly remember) "no link found".

Tried a few times each day and then it suddenly started working again.

I have bought at least 2-3 new routers since 2001. They have gotten a lot better, you know? They are much more user friendly than in the old days.

I'm back in the saddle again. The forum once again came through (thanks!).

Based on a recommendation of an anonymous outlaw bandit currently hiding in Bolivia, I am the proud owner of a new 802.11n router. The thing is faster than greased lightning :D

It's replacing an IBM Hi-Rate Wireless Gateway (802.11b, now recycled properly).

You were right, W2R - setup was a snap even with changing security (I used to use MAC addresses, now WPA).

It's pretty cute, too :)

I'm back in the saddle again. The forum once again came through (thanks!).

Based on a recommendation of an anonymous outlaw bandit currently hiding in Bolivia, I am the proud owner of a new 802.11n router. The thing is faster than greased lightning :D

It's replacing an IBM Hi-Rate Wireless Gateway (802.11b, now recycled properly).

You were right, W2R - setup was a snap even with changing security (I used to use MAC addresses, now WPA).

Great! I'm glad you are back, that the setup went smoothly, and that it is faster than greased lightning! :D Newer routers are so cool.

By the way, I changed my network name. If you ever see "steelynet" on your device, you know trouble is around the corner. :D

The one word I'd never heard used to describe a router, 'till now.

Cute.

:)

I am not sure wpa is much better than wep + mac addresses. WPA2 would be better unless you have older devices that do not support it.

Back
Top Bottom