My One Year FIRE Anniversary !

mystang52

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today marks one year of FIRE and all in all it's been GLORIOUS. First a disclaimer: for those purists, you may not deem me as ER. I still put in 2 non-consecutive days (Tues and Fri), w*rking from home. BUT, trust me when I tell you it is really really easy stuff, no stress, and frankly way-too-easy money to turn down.
Shortly after my ER I hit a major bump in the road when diagnosed with prostate cancer. But the surgery yielded a great result and other than that blip, things have been beyond great.
Happy as a pig in you know what, spending time running, swimming and cycling. Pursuing some academic interests, etc etc. Oh, and did I mention I now have a new grandson (my second) as of last week, and a granddaughter coming in May?
And all you members have been a great source of knowledge, inspiration, and general good fun. Life has been great.

Time flies when you're having fun!

Really incredible to think it's been four years for me...

Today marks one year of FIRE and all in all it's been GLORIOUS. First a disclaimer: for those purists, you may not deem me as ER. I still put in 2 non-consecutive days (Tues and Fri), w*rking from home. BUT, trust me when I tell you it is really really easy stuff, no stress, and frankly way-too-easy money to turn down.
Shortly after my ER I hit a major bump in the road when diagnosed with prostate cancer. But the surgery yielded a great result and other than that blip, things have been beyond great.
Happy as a pig in you know what, spending time running, swimming and cycling. Pursuing some academic interests, etc etc. Oh, and did I mention I now have a new grandson (my second) as of last week, and a granddaughter coming in May?
And all you members have been a great source of knowledge, inspiration, and general good fun. Life has been great.

Congratulations on a great first year! I was just thinking along the same lines today. Currently working part-time at 30 hours per week, and what a difference it makes with 1-2 days less weekly being out of the office. Now that it's March, even when I'm in the office I'm not there mentally.

My published upcoming ER date is 2/3/15, as that's when I'm leaving my current dogforsaken j*b. However, have recently decided to consult about 20 hours a week (with other companies!) for the first 1-2 years because have some big spending projects I want to get in before actual ER. So I guess I won't technically be "retired", although retiring from where I'm at will be heaven for me.

Congratulations Mystang52! It is always good to hear these retirement success stories. I am sitting at 4 days into retirement and I wonder how I will be feeling a year from now.

Congrats on the retirement and the health news!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Back
Top Bottom