that damned Vanguard ad

Mr. Paul

Recycles dryer sheets
...that covers up the last 10 threads to the right of the page, with no way of closing it, is very irritating.

The same thread-blanking effect showed up on my page, only it was a picture of a baby with yellow stuff on its mouth. I just refreshed the page and all was well.

A.

I've had it pop up several times. Yes it is annoying because there doesn't seem to be a way to close it. It certainly gets in the way.
I either click around or sign off and on until it goes away but that is more than inconvenient.

I just hit one of the community forum buttons until it goes away. It takes 2 or 3 times to do that.

It's a pointless annoyance because I have all my money at Vanguard already.

I must be doing something wrong, I haven't seen it. Guess maybe because I have Javascript off.

Ghostery found 6 trackers
www.early-retirement.org
DoubleClick
Advertising
Facebook Social Plugins
Widgets, Social
Google Analytics
Analytics, Analytics
InvestingChannel
Advertising
Quantcast
Advertising

... and now it's a "#1 risk for seniors" ad. Covers up all but the bottom 3 of the most recent list on the right. Who is the marketing genius that thinks people will buy whatever because the ad won't go away? Precisely the opposite makes more sense.

What ad?

(this message made possible by Adblock Plus :D)

ad? +1

You can set ad options to allow ads that adhere to a certain standard of inoffensiveness - I really tried to work with that, but too many of the advertisers ignored the standard, so now I don't see ads...

It's not for everyone, but I use the noscript plug-in, as well as the formerly mentioned ghostery. Except on my phone, where I need it most due to a slow connection, I still get the ads:facepalm:

Same one who keeps sending me the giant-underwear catalogs, no doubt. Sooner or later, the thinking goes, she'll get with the program...

A.

Who is the marketing genius that thinks people will buy whatever because the ad won't go away? .

I get the giant Vanguard ads too. I agree - it is kind of annoying, especially as it's wasted on me, being a Vanguard customer. I'd get an ad-blocker but once in a blue moon, I actually appreciate the ads.

Same one who keeps sending me the giant-underwear catalogs, no doubt. Sooner or later, the thinking goes, she'll get with the program...

A.

You're just not eating enough, you poor malnourished thing.:D

I could eat all day long for a year and still not fit into some of those contraptions! Talkin' bout the ones that must've been designed by suspension bridge engineers! :D

You're just not eating enough, you poor malnourished thing.:D

It turns out if you just stop the downloand and refresh the page eventually the ad software will decide you need to see another page and it will not have this behavior.

Add Pop Up on E.R.

If using a Mac:

Click ==> Safari ==>Preferences ==> Security ==> Uncheck Enable JavaScript

Here's and idea: Early Retirement Forums goes to Vanguard and tells them to restructure the ad so it's not so intrusive or take it off. Who owns this site: Vanguard or Early Retirement Forums?

Back
Top Bottom