Insane traffic video

All they'd need to do is put a island in the middle to reduce the confusion by half (ie make it a roundabout). Or maybe that would double the confusion, LOL!

Spent a lot of time in Taiwan...just as insane but with more congestion. They'd tell me that as long as you drive (or walk across the street) at a consistent speed and not slow down or speed up, "you'll make it". Comforting..."you'll make it"

Imagine teaching your kids to cross the street.:facepalm:

Not just the kids!!! I was real surprised I did not see one accident or hit pedestrian....

BTW, there are 8 lanes coming into the square... so I would assume 8 going away... how many intersections do you know of that have 16 lanes:confused:

I'd love to see that vid in real time just to get the true perspective. But that is some crazy stuff!

Try just searching youtube for "car crash complication" or anything similar. Lots of hits and the crashes are amazing. Especially the Russian ones!

I've been at that intersection. Less impressive at regular speed but still an adventure whether driving or pedestrian. Narobi and Lagos are way, way worse and some days it seems like you'll choke to death on the diesel fumes long before you get killed by traffic.

Fascinating, seen a few chaotic patters in my world travels. More fascinating to me is that these poor countries never run out of people. Quiet the opposite.

Seems people are the true renewable resource.

Crazy - watch it on Youtube, and you can set the speed to 0.25x and that looks close to real time.

Hard to believe no crashes in that time. Hard to believe the people crossing on foot or on two wheels.

-ERD50

We manage to kill several pedestrians here in Paradise every year. Many places on the island there are pedestrian crosswalks with no signals - crossing six lanes of traffic. The law giving pedestrians the right of way goes only so far in saving their lives. I often see people crossing at these locations while texting. If I were to ever attempt such a crossing, I would want all of my faculties concentrated on not being run over. YMMV

Wow, I've been to two(of the four I can find) towns have an intersection that's called "Confusion Corner". They don't come close to these videos.

Back
Top Bottom