Bacon may prolong your life!

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Of only minor interest to many here, but I love this new report.

Researchers from ETH Zurich say the reasoning behind the discovery is that pork has high levels of niacin, also known as Vitamin B3.

Read More at: Study claims bacon could prolong your life - Local 12 WKRC-TV Cincinnati - Top Stories
TlMooANl.PNG

Researchers from ETH Zurich say the reasoning behind the discovery is that pork has high levels of niacin, also known as Vitamin B3.

Now all they need is for some farmers to breed a special hybrid pig super high in Niacin, and you'll be able to use your HSA funds to buy your bacon, sausage and baby back ribs if your doctor proscribes them as "vitamin supplements"! ;)

It's a report out of Cincinnati, fka (formerly known as) Porkopolis!!!! The city got the name back in history for all of its pork processing plants.

If it weren't for pigs, I could easily be a vegetarian.

And the report was not even from WKRP in Cincinatti.

... but shorten your thread....

-gauss

So they fed roundworms niacin, they lived longer, and the resulting conclusion is that bacon may prolong your life? I call that good science.

Gnomes_plan.png

I don't care about the science. I will just remember the headline. On things like bacon confirmation bias is my religion. Science and direct experience combined to make me a heretic on sugar but never on bacon.

I am not sure any study, report, or finding would ever change my level of pork consumption.

So they fed roundworms niacin, they lived longer, and the resulting conclusion is that bacon may prolong your life? I call that good science.

Given the title and results of this study, your skepticism is clearly unwarranted. IMO, these results should be accepted at face value with little to no regard for any mitigating circumstances or caveats.

Bacon prolongs life. Period.

I'm sold.

Long live bacon.

:LOL: :LOL: :dance: Back to real Bacon for my red beans and or fried cabbage. Not that I didn't sneak em in already. If the Doc 'makes me' take Pravastatin ya give those pills 'something' to work on.

heh heh heh - :D :angel: :greetings10:

Gnomes_plan.png

Your post made me read the short article. It describes the research in the following succinct sentence.

"The theory was discovered after feeding roundworms a good dose of niacin and observing that their life lasted one-tenth longer."

So, lemme see the logic.

1) Roundworms got fed lots of niacin. Roundworms lived longer.

2) Bacon also has lots of niacin.

3) People are like roundworms. OK, OK, you have to agree with me on this, else it's not gonna work!

Conclusion: People eating bacon will also live longer.

This is my rigorous scientific study:

1. Eating bacon makes me happy
2. Happy people live longer

QED

If bacon makes you happy, well, do you need any other reason?

There's that phrase, "to die with a smile on one's face". And it is not limited to bacon either.

Back
Top Bottom