23 days, 54 minutes...

Ally

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Until I retire after 31 years at our nonprofit. I am so pleased at how things have gone since I gave my notice in January (I'm the director.) After several interviews, our board chose the internal candidate, my coworker, thank goodness. I am currently training her, even though she has been here over 20 years. When I gave notice, my coworkers were all crying and upset, but now with my leaving and her moving up, it has created opportunities for others to move up, too. They are all going to be getting good salary increases and new responsibilities. So now the mood is optimistic, for which I am so thankful. Being an introvert, I'm not crazy about the idea that the board is having a reception for me the day before I leave and that they have invited 100 people. I can't believe how many people at other agencies and businesses have approached me, asking to be invited. I couldn't have wished for a better atmosphere in which to leave and I know I'm leaving this place in good hands.:greetings10: Now, I'm just waiting to be free!

That's great!!! Sounds like you made a good decision and a nice way to exit.

Regarding the "reception" just grin and bare it. It will not last long and you might actually enjoy it. It is important to the folks you are leaving behind

Regarding the "reception" just grin and bare it.

Nothing like a good mooning to set the mood in a reception! :LOL:

Congratulations, Ally! Not only on retirement, but also on having gained the respect of your co-workers.

Congratulations Ally, thats great!:)

June 5th for me, unless some decides otherwise.

That's great!!! Sounds like you made a good decision and a nice way to exit.

Regarding the "reception" just grin and bare it. It will not last long and you might actually enjoy it. It is important to the folks you are leaving behind

You might want to "bear" it and not "bare" it. Unless you want to leave a lasting impression.;)

Haha, I will grin and BEAR it. Thanks, everyone. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Congratulations, not only on your retirement but the way you did it.

Indeed. The reception isn't for you, it is for the people who want to say goodbye to you because of how you have affected them. Congratulations.

Thank you, and that's a good way to look at the reception. 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Indeed. The reception isn't for you, it is for the people who want to say goodbye to you because of how you have affected them. Congratulations.

Indeed. Not to be morbid, but funerals are also for the living. The deceased couldn't care less.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats on your upcoming retirement. You can bear an hour or two considering you will have the rest of your life to be "free'. It is nice that your co-workers want to give you a nice send off.

Back
Top Bottom