What the country folks do in retirement

grasshopper

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I live in a strange beautiful village, where we entertain ourselves.

PlutoMania

Hi everyone. If you read the newspapers, listened to the radio or TV this week, you know that Pluto is back in the news - BIG TIME. Thanks to the NASA fly-by, we have some of the best photos of Pluto to date. As often happens in science, new data answers old questions, but also poses new and exciting questions.

Soo, we are scheduling an extravaganza - PLUTOMANIA. Four scientists - astronomers, engineers, and even a biologist will hold court at the Portal Rescue Classroom next Friday (July 24) at 7:00pm. Among the topics will be: the discovery of Pluto; how to aim a rocket to arrive at a “dot” in the solar system after more than 9 years; why Pluto was downgraded to a Dwarf Plant; and how the new photos have changed our views of Pluto. We will end the evening with a popular vote about whether Pluto should again be a planet. If time permits, we may also vote about whether Greece stays in the Eurozone.

And don’t forget Disney’s Pluto. Did you know he made his first appearance in the movies in 1930, the SAME year that the planet was discovered. He too will be featured during PlutoMania.

Join us for an informative and fun evening. Nothing too technical - rated PG.

Too bad I'm not near that strange and beautiful village, the event sounds like fun.

Our fire hall has a chicken BBQ fund raiser today.
Good but I prefer your events. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom