Anyone moved household from US to Ireland? What did you learn from the experi...

David_X

Confused about dryer sheets
What did you learn from the experience?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I came to the U.S. decades ago. I had nothing then, but now I have lots of stuff that I don't want to leave behind. I'll check out the Irish Times article. Thanks for that. 😀

You might want to try the UK-Yankee site. Not sure of the Irish info though. I have just recently moved permanently back to N England and there is plenty of helpful people on that site.

Last edited:
Great advice! Thank you. I'll need to stick to Irish resources. I'm familiar with the country, but not the move process and legal requirements of reintegration. I don't need a visa.

I don't need a visa.

You don't need a visa to enter the country, but if you wish to establish residence (right to remain) you must fulfill other requirements.

Residence rights of non-EEA nationals

If you are a non-EEA national and intend to come to live in Ireland, there are several important pieces of documentation that you will need before coming here. These documents include:

Your passport: which must be valid for at least the duration of your proposed stay
The relevant visa: if you are a citizen of a visa-required country
An employment permit, business visa or business permission: if you intend to work or engage in business in Ireland

An immigration officer will examine your documentation when you present yourself at the point of entry to Ireland. You may be asked to show evidence that you have enough funds to support yourself and any dependants for the duration of your proposed stay. You may also be required to answer other questions relevant to your application for permission to remain. The onus rests with you to satisfy the immigration officer as to the genuine reason for your presence in Ireland. In other words, you must satisfy them that your credentials are authentic.

Great info on the visa requirements. I have dual citizenship so it's not a legal issue...just an issue of unfamiliarity with the bureaucracy.

Great info on the visa requirements. I have dual citizenship so it's not a legal issue...just an issue of unfamiliarity with the bureaucracy.

If you are an Irish citizen you can come and go whenever you please. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom