For you woodworkers..

Very cool. I can see myself remembering where I put something but forgetting how to access it. Don't lose that key!

Amazing. That thing must weigh a ton.

About the cubby drawers for storing items that you will not remember, nowadays I have the same problem with directories on my multiple PCs.

Very interesting and complicated piece.....

But, I just do not see any functionality for it... nice piece of art, but you have to have someone showing it off....

Very interesting and complicated piece.....

But, I just do not see any functionality for it... nice piece of art, but you have to have someone showing it off....

I'm guessing when it was built the owner had servants to handle the upkeep and button pushing. In fact, thinking about it, anyone who owns that piece now probably also has the requisite staff, and functionality be damned.

Very special. Thanks for posting.

Thanks. Great idea for my next weekend project!

The Berlin secretary cabinet represents possibly not only the greatest achievement of the Roentgen workshop, but is also arguably the most expensive piece of furniture ever made. The model was produced in three variants (of which this example is the third) and sold to three of the major European rulers

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/L.2013.15.1

Back
Top Bottom