H&R Block sale

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Got an email saying that H&R Block is having a sale on their software until the 1st.... a 50% discount...

Anybody else get this?

The only problem I have is that it does not say that I can import from Vanguard.... since I have a lot of transactions, it would save me a bunch of time if I could....

I just got an email from HR Block stating a 30% off sale is in effect until 1/1/16. This is less of a discount than the $15 off coupon they mailed me with the disc.

Advanced search for "buck" in titles to find a thread and a link to a promo CD.

Adding 1 State program adds $19.95 to those prices.

Actually, for the higher versions, I believe you get one state program download free. At least that's the way it's always been in the past.

Last edited:
I got Premium on Nov 16 for about $52

I'd like to see their stock plunge about 95% due to taxes simplification.

My prices were higher with that link. Maybe varies with location?

Try it a second time (IOW reload)....

The first try I had a higher price, the second it was lower....

Well, crap....

Went to visit mom and pay some of her bills.... what do I see:confused:

A FREE deluxe version of H&R block tax program on a disk!!!

Yep, if I had only waited I could have saved $16.... :facepalm:

Well, crap....

Went to visit mom and pay some of her bills.... what do I see:confused:

A FREE deluxe version of H&R block tax program on a disk!!!

Yep, if I had only waited I could have saved $16.... :facepalm:
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that may be a CD that H&R Block sent out. You can load it up but you still need to pay in order to file with it.

Advanced search for "buck" in titles to find a thread and a link to a promo CD.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that may be a CD that H&R Block sent out. You can load it up but you still need to pay in order to file with it.
The jacket that came with the CD they mailed me made it clear you needed to buy the software....didn't say "free" anywhere.

The ISO of the CD is linked from the ten buck thread. I'd paste the link, but this tablet doesn't allow pasting into the forum.

The only problem I have is that it does not say that I can import from Vanguard.... since I have a lot of transactions, it would save me a bunch of time if I could....
Not a problem.
Import W-2 and 1099 Forms Into TurboTax and HR Block: From Where?

Free is no longer cheap enough for tax software. It wasn't last year. It isn't this year.

As for deals, I bought H&RBlock with the 10% of refund rebate, so they will be paying me to use it. I'll probably pay some extra tax just to get the 10% "interest" for the next 4 months or annualized 33% return on investment.

Yes, it is a CD.... will have to find it and see if there is a cost.... if so, then I am happy I bought cheap.... if not, well, no big deal.... I still got it cheap...

I did the CD ISO offer and got the deluxe for $10 (plus tax). Thanks for posting that. I did it on Dec 31.

Normally I would have been a bit skeptical about downloading something like that from a forum, but I have a bit more trust in longtime posters here than employees at my bank.

Normally I would have been a bit skeptical about downloading something like that from a forum, but I have a bit more trust in longtime posters here than employees at my bank.
LOL! Yeah, it would raise and eyebrow with me to download a random guy's ISO that claims to be a copy of a CD he got in the mail. I suppose one could burn the ISO then run a virus checker on the CD before executing anything. Or maybe virus checkers can analyze an ISO file without even burning it.

That link went out to family that I know use H&R Block. Easy to share it with this community too, for those that figure I'm not evil. None of my family got the mailing except me, so rather than drive the CD around, I let them help themselves to it.

FYI, Amazon is having a one day sale today, 51% off all H&R Block tax software, disc or download.
Thanks for the alert. I just downloaded mine.

Back
Top Bottom