Rachel from card services just called me

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Yes, I know there is nothing out of the ordinary about that - except this time she called me on my cell phone from my cell phone number.

Now I have to figure out if I can block calls from myself...

Was it Rachel 'herself' or just one of her Robocallers?

I feel left out, Rachel never calls me.

Has anyone ever patiently worked through to find out exactly what Rachel is selling? We're about ready to ditch the landline because of her and her ilk.

I had a spam call on cell identified as my wife's number. That's sorta scary because I assume they accessed past calls or the phone book on my phone.

As aggravating as all this is you'd think someone could track them down and sue the crap out of them. For every fool they hook they are annoying about a million folks I'd guess. Oh well, scammers gotta make a living I suppose.

Has anyone ever patiently worked through to find out exactly what Rachel is selling? We're about ready to ditch the landline because of her and her ilk.

Yes. Rachel tries to sell you a service that negotiates your credit card rates down to 0%. Illegal and isn't actually done. It's a complete scam.

I had fun with them; I was bored. I acted really dumb and wasted a good bit of their time. When they asked me what my current interest rate was I said I owed a lot of money and didn't really know what my rate was. After of few minutes of me asking how they could help me, I said "yes" and told them to hold on while I went and gathered all of my financial information. I then left the phone off the hook and went upstairs and took a shower. :cool:

There is an Android app called Mr Number that is quite good at blocking spam cals.

There is an Android app called Mr Number that is quite good at blocking spam cals.

Yes, I was using it when I called myself - it didn't recognize Rachel/me as a spammer so let the call go through.

Mr Number does allow you to enter specific numbers you want to block, and that's what I did - after the fact.

I feel left out, Rachel never calls me.
Me too, btw, anyone know what she looks like? :D

My spam calls are down to almost zero after being added to don't call list and years of ignoring calls.

Last edited:
From Wikipedia

Introducing Rachel

My spam calls are down to almost zero after being added to don't call list

We're on the don't call list...but she still calls.

She's called me so often I feel I should send her a Christmas card.

There is another Android app called Extreme Call Blocker; it's not as automatic as Mr Number but is much more customizable.

I think Rachel moonlights for the IRS. She often leaves messages for me about pending litigation regarding my taxes. She sounds quite cross.

I am on the no call list and still get Card Services calls (not Rachel herself) and the Windows Help Desk. So far not on my cell phone. If they widely invade cell phone space that will be awful.

The No Call list is only going to stop legit businesses. Scammers are already breaking the law so they aren't going to pay attention to that list.

If she had a sexy voice, I might listen. ;) Actually...after pulling the plug on my landline, I have not heard from Rachel. I forgot to give her my cell number.

Yeah, Rachel saved me $32/month, or whatever it was, by pushing me to cancel my landline.

Yeah, Rachel saved me $32/month, or whatever it was, by pushing me to cancel my landline.
Same here. In my dreams, everyone in the US contributes $1, and we hire a full time assassination squad to track down and neutralize these lowlifes. :angel:

Last edited:
Same here. In my dreams, everyone in the US contributes $1, and we hire a full time assassination squad to track down a neutralize these lowlifes. :angel:

What, we in Canada are to be excluded from this opportunity? :(

Back
Top Bottom