Have you heard of angiogenesis?

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A friend of mine sent me this link for a video this morning. It was a very interesting presentation and I enjoyed it very much, so I thought I'd share this here. It talks about how cancer (and obesity) can be controlled by drugs and food that affect angiogenesis (the physiological process through which new blood vessels form from pre-existing vessels.) I knew some foods were cancer fighting but I didn't know the mechanism behind it, or to what degree. BTW, the obesity part of the presentation was such an eye opener to me.

https://www.ted.com/talks/william_li?language=en

A friend of mine sent me this link for a video this morning. It was a very interesting presentation and I enjoyed it very much, so I thought I'd share this here. It talks about how cancer (and obesity) can be controlled by drugs and food that affect angiogenesis (the physiological process through which new blood vessels form from pre-existing vessels.) I knew some foods were cancer fighting but I didn't know the mechanism behind it, or to what degree. BTW, the obesity part of the presentation was such an eye opener to me.

https://www.ted.com/talks/william_li?language=en

Yes I have. I've published on the mechanisms that control it in embryos.

And here I thought it was the group for whom Phil Collins played drums. :facepalm:

Thanks for posting the video link. I found it very interesting. I have been eating more fruit and vegetables and exercising for the last 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for posting the video link. I found it very interesting. I have been eating more fruit and vegetables and exercising for the last 2-3 weeks.
I am glad you enjoyed it.
What was interesting to me was

1) Once cancer starts mutating, although antiangiogenic drugs do work, they work only up to a point. The key is to be preventative.
2) Some antiangiogenic foods are as good as drugs - some far better (according to the graph).
3) Earl grey is highly antiangiogenic in comparison to green tea and jasmine tea, but green tea/jasmine tea blend has a much better antiangiogenic effect than green tea alone, jasmine tea alone, or Earl grey alone. (A big surprise to me..)
4) Same antiangiogenic treatments work for obese rats with the obesity gene, to lost weight (This one was my biggest surprise of all!)

Another big concentration for cancer research is apoptosis....cell death. Cancer is abnormal grown of cells caused by errors in growth regulation and cell death. It is also highly varied and treatment is different for each cancer and potentially for each patient.

Another big concentration for cancer research is apoptosis....cell death. Cancer is abnormal grown of cells caused by errors in growth regulation and cell death. It is also highly varied and treatment is different for each cancer and potentially for each patient.

You mean smoking weed and taking lavender-infused green tea enemas won't cure "cancer"?

[/woo]

I have antiangiogenisis drugs injected into my eyeballs about 6x a year to control the wet form of macular degeneration. Have been doing this since 2006. The shots ( and God) have maintained my eyesight.

I have antiangiogenisis drugs injected into my eyeballs about 6x a year to control the wet form of macular degeneration. Have been doing this since 2006. The shots ( and God) have maintained my eyesight.

I am very sorry that you have to go through that 6 times a year, but I am very happy for you that the drugs are available for your condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom