Could someone tell me how to save an existing folder on my PC to icloud?

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am using my iphone more often when I am away from home, and I can't remember some of my less frequently used passwords. How do I put these in the cloud so I can see them from my phone?

I look up instructions on the web, but I really am still in the dark about this.

Thanks for any and all help!

Ha

I have the lastpass app on my iPhone for passwords.

I also use Google Drive for documents I need when traveling, very useful since you can save them on the phone so you can access them without wifi. (you could have a file with passwords, or password hints for your less important passwords).

I keep a coded file (I don't call it "passwords") with my passwords on Google Drive, I also code the passwords in that file with a fake prefix, so if my password was '1234', I might write it down as 'marko1234'.

If you use Google Chrome, you can have it remember all your passwords automatically so when you get to a site it has already filled them in.

I have the lastpass app on my iPhone for passwords.

I also use Google Drive for documents I need when traveling, very useful since you can save them on the phone so you can access them without wifi. (you could have a file with passwords, or password hints for your less important passwords).

Lastpass and Onedrive here. Lastpass is invaluable, secure encrypted "notes" also a plus.

I am using my iphone more often when I am away from home, and I can't remember some of my less frequently used passwords. How do I put these in the cloud so I can see them from my phone?

I look up instructions on the web, but I really am still in the dark about this.

Thanks for any and all help!

Ha
This is Apple's support page for iCloud PC. Assuming you've installed that to the PC, and logged in to your iCloud account, look for a folder as described in the article. Files and folders dropped in there will be available to other devices that use this iCloud account.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201391

However, your iPhone needs to open the file you mention. SO the format you use on PC directly effects your ability to open the file.

You could also install Dropbox on both your PC and phone and any files/documents you put in Dropbox would be available on all your devices.

Another thought is to not use iCloud or Google Drive or other. I do not use iCloud on my iPhone, but have Google Drive. I use that for some sharing, but not for passwords.

What I do is use WhatsApp on my iPhone. I send a text message with passwordX, for instance. I do not send login information, just password. Then when I need it, I can easily copy and use the password.

This is Apple's support page for iCloud PC. Assuming you've installed that to the PC, and logged in to your iCloud account, look for a folder as described in the article. Files and folders dropped in there will be available to other devices that use this iCloud account.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201391

However, your iPhone needs to open the file you mention. SO the format you use on PC directly effects your ability to open the file.

You don't even need to install iCloud for PC, you can access iCloud drive from Apple's iCloud.com web page: go to iCloud.com, login, click on the iCloud Drive icon and you'll see all your files stored there. You can upload/download them via the browser.

This should also work on Linux as well as Windows.

You don't even need to install iCloud for PC, you can access iCloud drive from Apple's iCloud.com web page: go to iCloud.com, login, click on the iCloud Drive icon and you'll see all your files stored there. You can upload/download them via the browser.

This should also work on Linux as well as Windows.
Sounds great. Either answer allows OP to save an existing folder on PC to iCloud.

If you use the install iCloud PC option, then you could enter your login one time and save that. From that point on you can put the folder or file you want to share in the automatically created folder, and changes will always be in the iCloud.

With the web method, you would need to login and upload changes.

I also tried a newer feature of WhatsApp, whereby you scan a QR code in the borwser, and it presents your conversations, and the ability to respond from the PC. But that's another thread.

I use android/chrome/google for everything. It remembers me no matter what device so if I've logged in on my desktop, my phone and tablet know me.

I use android/chrome/google for everything. It remembers me no matter what device so if I've logged in on my desktop, my phone and tablet know me.

+1

You can also check in your preferences on the phone to save passwords as you log in. Then change your security on the phone to be activated by your fingerprint. No one, but you can then access the phone and all your codes are already stored. Just another thought.

Last edited:
If you choose to type up a list and drag it or save it into iCloud I recommend that you do as Marko suggests and at least use a coded approach so no one else can easily figure out your passwords if it gets loose. Like some others described I use an encrypted password keeper (Password Safe which is free, open source). The encrypted password file is stored in the cloud (I dumped it in MS One Drive which had just given me a big chunk of free data). I have copies of the Password Safe app on my PC, my laptop, and my iPhone, all accessing the same file in the cloud. It works great. I have hundreds of passwords so I need a repository. If I add a new password from any device it becomes available on all the devices since they use the same file.

Back
Top Bottom