Another vacation another broken bone

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Last day in the Outer Banks and I hit a road bump wrong on the bike and broke my hip. This is number three such trip. Tomorrow is my 68th BDay and I am having posts and beams inserted. At least the morphine is good.

Last day in the Outer Banks and I hit a road bump wrong on the bike and broke my hip. This is number three such trip. Tomorrow is my 68th BDay and I am having posts and beams inserted. At least the morphine is good.
So sorry to read that you broke your hip! Hope your recovery is uneventful and that your life can return to normal soon.

Very sorry hope the procedure goes well Have an acquaintance who broke her hip falling on the ice in her Michigan driveway a couple years ago She was only 55 at the time. At least your view was much better right up until it happened Best of luck to you

That is a nasty thing to happen to you Don. Hope you recover quickly. Maybe time to catch up on all those novels.

Has this happen to you before (as per the thread title)?

My first thought was bikes are a great source of injuries. I've heard some stories by other guys about crashes. But then I reflected that I'm 68 and running over very rock trails. Potential for a nasty fall but still theoretical so I persist (fingers crossed).

ugh that's rough. How long did it take to get someone out there to help scrape you up? A bike ride can be a long ways from nowhere with no mile markers.
Hope the doc's are as good as their drugs.

Happy Birthday and sorry to hear about your accident. Hoping for a quick recovery for you.

Happy birthday and a speedy recovery to you.
Didn't you have photos of a bike accident last year?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Oh Donhoff - yikes! I remember the pictures after the tumble in Europe.

I know you're an avid cyclist - but seriously, you should consider a vacation that doesn't involve bikes.

Or - wrap yourself in bubble wrap, like I keep threatening my sons.

Holy crap...that's no way to celebrate a birthday. Think of a different type of party for next year...ok?

Wishing you a speedy and pain free recovery.

Sorry to hear about that, maybe time for some virtual bike rides or riding on a padded track. Hope you heal quickly.

Sad to hear of another cyclist being injured this badly. Wishing you a speedy recovery and better birthday next year. We share birthdays Btw.

Don, You certainly have a strange way of celebrating your birthday. Maybe 3 strikes and your out and time to retire your bike. Any other damage besides the broken hip? Speedy recovery!

:( Take enough time and get well.

heh heh heh - at age 73 I look at skis and motorcycles and tell myself 'dat's a no no' given my skill set. May the healing be speedy and painless. :flowers:

Don, Was talking to a buddy and he said a couple of years ago he had problems with his balance in very flat terrain. Turns out it was his eye glasses. Have you had your eyes checked recently.

Very sorry Don. A broken hip is a bid deal. Heal well!

Ha

Bummer. Hope your recovery is quick, uneventful and complete. :)

Happy birthday! Bummer on the wreck, and resulting injuries... I hear medical marijuana is good for what ails you!

Back
Top Bottom