NCAA Football 2016

Big_Hitter

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If there is a thread on this please delete, if not, I thought I'd start one since we have a big game tomorrow morning on national TV - UH/OU. Game is sold out at Reliant Stadium - 75K? May be one of our biggest games ever.

I think we (Houston) will win even though we are 11 point dogs. If we don't we should still go 11-1 and get a NY6 bowl again.

Go COOGS!

If there is a thread on this please delete, if not, I thought I'd start one since we have a big game tomorrow morning on national TV - UH/OU. Game is sold out at Reliant Stadium - 75K? May be one of our biggest games ever.

I think we (Houston) will win even though we are 11 point dogs. If we don't we should still go 11-1 and get a NY6 bowl again.

Go COOGS!

Well, if you honestly think UH can win then I will have to have hope for the UW Badgers beating #5 LSU. We are also 11 point dogs. We are playing at Lambeau Field - 80K+. The city doubles in size when the Badgers or Packers are playing so it's a big deal around here. Go Badgers!

I usually root for UW, not just because they have a great actuarial science program but because I love Madtown

I would love to see Houston win and go undefeated. Would mess with the BCS which is always good.

Good luck!

I'm a Mississippi State grad so I pull for them. We lost our qb to graduation last year so I'm afraid this is going to be a long year. Probably a 6-6 season. I would love to be at Lambeau stadium to see tomorrows game. Not that I'm a fan of either school, just an iconic venue to watch a game.

SU / Colgate tonight. I'm an SU grad, but hard to get excited over their football program this last decade.
New head coach debut so I'll catch it on tv if on.

Waiting for NCAA BB....

It will be interesting to see what sort of welcoming Aranda gets at Lambeau.

Geaux Tigers, after the floods, BR could use some good news.

Going to see the Irish v the Orange at MetLife Stadium on October 1. The annual trip to see ND. First time in awhile that it hasn't been for a home game.

ND plays here at Texas on Sunday night (on national TV). Both teams are being quiet about their starting quarterbacks. For the sake of all the folks around these parts who bleed burnt orange (and for the sake of the rest of us who like to read more in the sports section than speculation about when a coach will be fired), I hope the Horns have a good season.

Go COOGS!

Well, if you honestly think UH can win then I will have to have hope for the UW Badgers beating #5 LSU. We are also 11 point dogs. We are playing at Lambeau Field - 80K+. The city doubles in size when the Badgers or Packers are playing so it's a big deal around here. Go Badgers!

Looks like both got your wish....

I think UH won more decisively than UW... instead of a 10 point win it should have been a 24 point win without the fumble in the end zone...

Yesterday, Navy pulled a guy out of the stands to play quarterback in their 52-16 win over Fordham. Quite a memorable way to play in your first college football game!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ay-quarterback/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_1_na

Well, a bit of false advertising here.... it is not like he was not on the football team... just did not dress for the game...

As opposed to A&M's 12th man many years ago who was just a normal student... he did get dressed, but did not play.... just a side note... I have never heard if they won that game or not... hmmmm....

Well, a bit of false advertising here.... it is not like he was not on the football team... just did not dress for the game...

As opposed to A&M's 12th man many years ago who was just a normal student... he did get dressed, but did not play.... just a side note... I have never heard if they won that game or not... hmmmm....

Being a 4th string QB, not dressed for game, and having to step in to your first game is quite an accomplishment, however you want to look at it. On the other hand, LSU has a 3rd year QB who had 2 seasons under his belt, and he still looks like he doesn't belong at QB.

ND plays here at Texas on Sunday night (on national TV). Both teams are being quiet about their starting quarterbacks. For the sake of all the folks around these parts who bleed burnt orange (and for the sake of the rest of us who like to read more in the sports section than speculation about when a coach will be fired), I hope the Horns have a good season.

Very entertaining game... it looked like UT had run out of gas in the 4th quarter but then they found some reserve and pulled off the big win.

Very entertaining game... it looked like UT had run out of gas in the 4th quarter but then they found some reserve and pulled off the big win.

+1

I really thought they were done for when that kick was blocked and run back, but the Horns showed some grit. Great game to watch.

Being a 4th string QB, not dressed for game, and having to step in to your first game is quite an accomplishment, however you want to look at it. On the other hand, LSU has a 3rd year QB who had 2 seasons under his belt, and he still looks like he doesn't belong at QB.

Do not get me wrong... it is an accomplishment... but it is not like they just went up in the stands and pick a student that looked like he could play which the headlines 'might' suggest... he was 'on' the team, he knew all the plays... he was a QB!!! That is why I say false 'advertising'....

But, to tell the truth, I would have been more impressed if a CB or safety had taken over... they are not on offense and do not know the plays... but they probably would have just handed off.... or, the coach could have gone to the wildcat as they were up by a big margin...

play of the week had to Brandon Wilson's 110 yard return of a missed FG

play of the week had to Brandon Wilson's 110 yard return of a missed FG

I would agree... I missed it when it happened, but one of the guys said to rewind... I only saw the run back and said... I bet the coach is saying "NO, NO, NO.... GO, GO, GO"...

It was not until later that I saw it was a field goal and not a kickoff.... that made it more unlikely as the ball would have been on the 42 or so if he just let it go... a punt was 20 yards and KO I think 25 now...

Good point... running it out of the end zone was a high risk decision that fortunately for the player, resulted in a high reward... but I suspect the coach still might say "Please don't do that again".

But, to tell the truth, I would have been more impressed if a CB or safety had taken over... they are not on offense and do not know the plays... but they probably would have just handed off.... or, the coach could have gone to the wildcat as they were up by a big margin...

Navy pretty much runs only one play -- the triple option.

Navy pretty much runs only one play -- the triple option.

So, sounds like one of the RBs could have taken on the QB position as they did not need a thrower...

And like I said before, I have no problem with what happened, just that the headline made it look like they went and took a stranger out of the stands to play... not a QB that had not suited up....

Back
Top Bottom