Cd's , Pacific Life or other?

pletal

Recycles dryer sheets
I have a CD coming due this week right at $250k. I have someone offering a Pacific Life Annuity paying 3% for 10 years. Basically you get your money back and the interest after ten years and are taxed on the money the year the product matures. Also looking at 5 -10 year cd's which I could find (brokered) at 3% last week but have been dropping to about 2.85% since.

Have a 10 year CD ladder right now. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Will not have to touch this chunk of money for a least the next ten years.

The Mountain America CU is one of the highest 5yr CD in US offer but it is only for locals. Other top CDs are around 2.3% what at current inflation (2.7% at Feb2017) is negative rate. In regard to annuity at 3% you get some risk of higher than 3% inflation within 10 years as well. I also have a maturing 5years CD and not sure how to reinvest it.

Another CD substitute would be a target maturity bond fund like BSCQ, which currently yields 3.39% to maturity in 2026. Some interest rate risk if not held to maturity... I have the shorter duration versions but they have longer ones.

Please advise the phone or web site. I live in SF Bay Area

I put both links above on the 2 posts. Just call the Credit union and they will walk you through it. If your interested.

Back
Top Bottom