Skiers! Check in here

UtahSkier

Recycles dryer sheets
2016-2017 is in the books. Fantastic season in Utah. I had 36 ski days, many of which I skied 30,000+ vertical feet. My ski app shows my season total is 670,000 vertical feet.

How was the season for everyone else?

Didn't break a leg, so awesome! Beautiful days spent on crystal mountain.

Live on the east coast but made it to CO again this year. 3 great days of skiing at breck, copper mountain and keystone. Got stoned to the gills each night...life is good.

50 days, mostly on the east coast, with a week out west. About 630,000 vertical. Not a great season here though, and my week out west unfortunately was in a dry warm spell which made the snow sticky down low and either crusty or heavy off-piste. I didn't save my stats from previous years and lost them when I switched phones, but I'll bet this was pretty low.

52 days and counting. It's still snowing here in southwest colorado, heading up to silverton mountain this friday for some unguided big mountain skiing, and up to molas pass for some backcountry turns today.

It has been a phenomenal snow year :D:):D:)

Slowing down as I get older....just 8 days skiing this season in St. Anton + 4 in Whistler

Slowing down as I get older....just 8 days skiing this season in St. Anton + 4 in Whistler

Skiied whistler when I was living in seattle (grad school). What a mountain. It was socked in the whole trip, and I never did see the entire mountain during that time.

Eastern skier here: As is usual, I didn't do much skiing prior to January, even though I have a pass. As the weather has warmed, I've upped the days. I had hoped to get a couple/few more days in this week and next, but I'm not much for skiing in the rain.

As I've gotten older, I find that it hurts more to fall. :) So, I avoid that. Still doing mostly blacks and occasionally double diamonds, but taking my time a lot more.

I don't have the stamina I once had, but I still make at least one trip (usually two) to Colorado every year, skiing 3-4 days in each visit. Knees are still OK, but arthritis in my hip means I avoid the blacks now.

Blues are still great fun, and there are double blues in some places that are challenging. When the blues become a trial I'll give it up but I'm hoping that will be quite a while yet, since I bought new skis and boots in 2015.

A real treat was discovering how cheaply you can ski when you hit 70 years old!

Partially tore an MCL this year, but still got 30 days in since I avoided surgery. Mountain bike season is now upon us!

No injuries for anyone in the family of 5, just one ski trip to Chamonix for 4 days. Kids (13, 11, 7) all confident on blue runs.

Five days in Deer Valley UT. Eleven days in the French/Swiss Alps. One day in New Hampshire.

We've done this cycle for over 20 years and Utah, always far and away the best.

My right knee caused me to give up Rockies trips for the last two years. Went about 25 years straight with 1-3 trips before then. Probably won't go back till I get a new one - knee that is. Trouble is, skiing is the one thing - pounding & twists - that really bothers it. Most days I don't even think about it.

Over 60 days and counting in Tahoe, a personal best. Typically > 25,000 ft per day, many exceptional powder days.

Several feet dumping right now, fat skis are waxed up for more powder turns.

A few resorts will be open into June and are advertising skiing on the 4th of July. It will be nice to rip a few late season groomers and back country trips, but the mt bike and ski boat are a bigger draw when temps hit the 80's.

Living my dream the last two years to FIRE and ski anytime. Body is holding up well, still improving and hope to keep it up for another decade or two.

Good to hear from the ER ski crew, may your snow be light and deep.

My right knee caused me to give up Rockies trips for the last two years. Went about 25 years straight with 1-3 trips before then. Probably won't go back till I get a new one - knee that is. Trouble is, skiing is the one thing - pounding & twists - that really bothers it. Most days I don't even think about it.

For me part of aging was having to give up on the really rough stuff. Nowadays I try to stay on the groomed blues and blacks.

Just being out there and cruising is enough at this point; don't need to kill it anymore. A few runs, a long lunch at a nice slopeside restaurant, some sunning....

Back
Top Bottom