What are These Figures Made From?

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm working on a Christmas book.

What do you think these figures are made from? Plaster? Even the clothing?

Thanks.

BabyJesusTheft-MB1-GR-12222015

I don't know, but cast resin would be one guess.

I don't know, but cast resin would be one guess.

Agree - given what looks like the large size, they would be VERY heavy if made from plaster, concrete, etc. Maybe wood, but would make them quite expensive

They have a facebook page on it, I bet they know. They say that the originals were very expensive, and the vandalizm has started back in the 90's

Last edited:

Thanks.

Nativity figures can be made of plaster, resin, terracotta or wood (and maybe more materials that I can't think of). The clue here is that the Wise Man on the left has a rather worn cloak, probably due to the surface being rubbed repeatedly over many years by the devout. The underlying material is white, which is consistent with plaster.

Thanks.

Al, I have no problem calling the Greenfield police for you. Can you enlighten me about the book? If, and im sure they will ask me many questions, i need a few answers, or they might think im the crook looking for clues! If anyone has any information about the theft, we ask you to contact Lt. Joseph Burge at the Greenfield Police Department at 413-773-5411, ext. 1306.

Nativity figures can be made of plaster, resin, terracotta or wood (and maybe more materials that I can't think of). The clue here is that the Wise Man on the left has a rather worn cloak, probably due to the surface being rubbed repeatedly over many years by the devout. The underlying material is white, which is consistent with plaster.

Good slouthing Meadbh.
Agree, probably plaster.

Back
Top Bottom