Things are moving quickly in the Robot World

ejman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've watched many videos of robots stumbling about and falling over when trying to go up stairs, or something just as simple as opening a door and walking inside. I guess those videos are supposed to comfort us into thinking the robot world envisioned in SciFi is so far away we need not be too concerned. Then comes a video like this The humanoid robot that can do a backflip - BBC News

Amazon wouldn't be where they are in efficiency without those warehouse robota. Robots are the future of commerce.I

My cousin just got out of the University of Houston Engineering school and is working in robotics.

I'm waiting for one to clean our home. Those are the chores I dislike the most.

Sex robots will make someone a billionaire.

Think of all the potential licensing opportunities.

The Mechanical Hound can't be far behind.

Maybe but those robots are sure in for a big surprise when they start posting about new tax laws.

Probably sad to say in the next 10 to 15 years artificial Intelligence will really take over our world. many jobs that humans have did for years will go away . I could see a day when the quality of life of course will be better but people will no longer work at all . Just live in government housing receive government subsidies and just survive. It is closer then we all think .

The only one not excited was the robot. He probably forgot to lay down his bets beforehand.

I was impressed in the Boston Dynamics video by the twist jumps as well. Very hard to execute.

Boston Dynamics has always been probably the best in robot mechanics. It was owned by Google, and a few months ago I read that Google was looking to sell it. I wondered why.

Just now, look on the Web and learn that it was sold to Japan's SoftBank Group in June 2017.

Back
Top Bottom