Another long time lurker who has finally retired

rasberrycpa

Dryer sheet wannabe
While this is my first ever post, I joined the forum in 2012 and also lurked for several years before that without joining. I figured that 7-8 years was long enough to read and not post, especially since I officially retired last month at 50 years old.

We have always lived below our means and tried to be "millionaires next door" type of people. My husband is still working for a couple of years....mostly for the health insurance, but I could no longer take the extremely long hours and stressful work environment. In the couple of weeks since I retired, I have not thought about work or the office for more than a fleeting moment. I don't miss it at all.

I'm settling into this new routine and absolutely loving the freedom.

I just wanted to say hello, heck I may even post occasionally now :) And I wanted to give a big thank you to all of the members who contribute to this forum. I have learned so much reading the posts of others. While, I still did my own research, being able to tap into the wisdom of this group has been invaluable in helping to prepare for this next phase in life.

Rasberrycpa

Congratulations.
Retired last year and don't miss it one bit either.

Congratulations and welcome to the rest of your life. Going to be great!

Welcome aboard. That's a long time to lurk. I hope to hear more from you now that you have the time to post.

Congratulations on your new life chapter. Sounds as if you have prepared mentally for the changes in store.

Until your DH decides to hang it up, sleep late and take things easy. I have to get up to watch Let's Make a Deal which is a very positive start to any day.

And make your husband take you on some nice vacations--in anticipation of better days ahead.

Great decision on your part. I'm about 100 days in and still "happily acclimating."

Congrats....

Welcome- I don't know if you did personal tax, but if you did, this is a good time to be retired!

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

While I maintained my CPA license throughout the years, I actually worked in corporate finance. I can hold my own talking about corporate taxes for multinational companies, but I don't even do our own personal taxes :)

On the travel front, I have already spent a week hiking in Sedona. And now that I don't have to stick around in the office for year end, my husband and I are already dreaming about a trip to the Turks and Caicos next February. If you have any recommendations for nice, moderately priced hotels there, let me know!

Welcome. Now that you are retired, if you can afford it, be sure to loosen up the purse strings from time to time. It's a fantastic feeling!

-BB

Back
Top Bottom