Share your experience with AARP insurance

HadEnuff

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Good morning, fellow FIREers,

I was thumbing through my AARP newsletter, (soon to be used to keep freshly caught fish from sliding around while being filleted), and saw an ad for their auto insurance.

When it comes to auto, and home etc. I am at least as concerned about how they handle claims, as I am about the premium cost.

Any happy, or unhappy stories you can relate, regarding having used AARP sponsored home and auto insurance?

Thanks,

Having managed a Collision repair shop for about 20 years, I dealt with Hartford Insurance on many occasions and can vouch for their service. They gave the owners the choice of which parts they wanted on the repairs(OEM vs Aftermarket) and were easy to work with on collision repairs. I have not had any experience on the homeowners side of their claims. They are competitive with other major insurers, but not the most cost effective.

We compared AARP’s dental plan with buying direct from Delta Dental. We saved $14/mo buying direct. I recommend you compare their cost of auto and homeowners insurance with buying direct from the company. AARP likely wants their cut.

AARP earns a licensing fee from every vendor who wants to use their logo. They have no business interest in the vendor. So, the question is not AARP Hartford. But Hartford and their customer service, and the products they sell.

I've had AARP-Hartford for auto home and umbrella for many years, always excellent service and they handled my claims well. Several friends recently switched there too, with good cost savings.

I've had AARP-Hartford for auto home and umbrella for many years, always excellent service and they handled my claims well. Several friends recently switched there too, with good cost savings.

+1, we switched about 4 years ago.

Great to know, I'll be sending AARP a lot of my business soon!

< Mod Hat On >

The political posts... and discussion of the political posts... were removed from this thread.
Please stay on topic of insurance, not political leanings.

< Mod Hat Off >

Back
Top Bottom