Definition: A good day

doneat54

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
... when you are updating spreadsheets and (again) pester DW to go find a login for one of those "piddly" accounts and get me an updated balance. She finally does and that number that you had just been "carrying over" month by month has grown by $40k (!).

It was a tiny pension that she had from back when megacorp offered them. :dance:

...when you get to hold your two month old grand twins as much as you want!

Motorcycle camping with like-minded Beemer riders under some 100 year old cottonwood cottonwood trees.

A good breakfast followed by 18 holes of golf with friends, a martini, dinner and relaxing with family and grandkids. Life is good.

All the above are good.

For me, it is getting to see stuff like this.

Attachments

• IMG_110FB.jpg
    IMG_110FB.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_154FB.jpg
    IMG_154FB.jpg
    797.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1980FB.jpg
    IMG_1980FB.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2560FB.jpg
    IMG_2560FB.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1213-22FB.jpg
    IMG_1213-22FB.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9574-6FB.jpg
    IMG_9574-6FB.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 95
Pulling a pair of Levis out of the dryer and finding a $20 bill in one of the pockets.

A day when I move a little bit closer toward the things I value (e.g., freedom, independence, learning/growth, love, etc.).

... when you are updating spreadsheets and (again) pester DW to go find a login for one of those "piddly" accounts and get me an updated balance. She finally does and that number that you had just been "carrying over" month by month has grown by $40k (!).

It was a tiny pension that she had from back when megacorp offered them. :dance:
I love the ideas posted so far, and have much to be thankful for beyond money, but my story that is in the same category as yours is that this years spending money all came out of an account that DW saved while working one summer at her dad's company. It was company automatic, so she just got the benefit. We put it into a tIRA when we got married and are living this whole year off of it!

A good day - when none of the eyewitnesses are able to make a positive identification.

Sitting across the table with my 4-year old granddaughter at Starbucks on a weekday when most of the world is at work, as she finishes her cake pop and spontaneously smiles and says, "I'm happy!" Which actually happened. Wow.

But, on an average day- leisurely coffee in the morning, a good gym workout, maybe one other activity outside the house, improving the yard or garden, enjoying a library book, and maybe a good afternoon nap.

Also, any day spent with [-]kids and[/-] grandkids.

Had three of them over today....the twins, they'll be three in two weeks, kept trying to use my calculator to activate the computer.....guess everything looks like a remote to them.

My favorite days are the ones at the end of each month when my bond mutual funds declare their dividends. I get money without really doing anything.

Other good days are those I get no junk calls or texts. It's about 50-50 I can go a whole day without either phone ringing with a junk call (some get blocked).

Swimming and floating with my DH in our new pool on a beautiful Iowa day. Then grilling poolside.

Back
Top Bottom