Correction is over

Free bird

Full time employment: Posting here.
The third year of a presidents term is historically a bonanza for the stock market. My guess is S&P 3500+ is in the cards in the next 12 months. I know set your allocation adjust once a year & fugit about it

Your gonna put CNBC out of business with that attitude

I found this interesting.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/econom...ter-under-split-congress-mellody-hobson-says/

CBS News financial contributor Mellody Hobson looked at midterm elections going back to the 1940s and found that for the year following every single midterm, the stock market was up. She also said the data showed the economy tends to do better under a split Congress.

"We have that saying, past performance is not a guarantee of future results, but that is the data, and interestingly, the better performing periods are periods where the houses were split in terms of leadership," Hobson said.

That's more than interesting. That's very actionable historical data. It's going according to plan. The Bernake bull has legs.

2019 will likely be a down year and 2020 will be a down year. Nothing has really changed. The deficit is higher than ever, the debt is higher than ever, and interest rates continue higher. None of these items are likely to be addressed by the government - each will simply go higher and that is not a good recipe for the economy over the next one to two years.

In other news...water is wet and the sun will rise tomorrow.

It feels like a sigh of relief. Sunshine and rainbows once again.

The third year of a presidents term is historically a bonanza for the stock market. My guess is S&P 3500+ is in the cards in the next 12 months. I know set your allocation adjust once a year & fugit about it

If one is certain that the S&P will go up, the only logical AA is 100% stock.

Actually, one can do more than 100% by leveraging.

This thread has a suspicious odor of "Whee" about it. Be careful!

Gubment is back to blissful gridlock. Paying good money to people to do nothing. But nothing is always better than something if it means that the nothing prevents the something from getting in the way of the nothing. Do I have that right or wm I missing something?

Gubment is back to blissful gridlock. Paying good money to people to do nothing. But nothing is always better than something if it means that the nothing prevents the something from getting in the way of the nothing. Do I have that right or wm I missing something?
I think you've missed nothing. I tried to look for something, but I came up with nothing. Sincerely, 'nother gubment kontrakter.

Quiet please I'm counting something. Before I was counting nothing. Who's on first?

2019 will likely be a down year and 2020 will be a down year. Nothing has really changed. The deficit is higher than ever, the debt is higher than ever, and interest rates continue higher. None of these items are likely to be addressed by the government - each will simply go higher and that is not a good recipe for the economy over the next one to two years.
Sorry, what are your assumptions based on? Just because "Nothing has really changed. The deficit is higher than ever, the debt is higher than ever, and interest rates continue higher. None of these items are likely to be addressed by the government - each will simply go higher and that is not a good recipe for the economy over the next one to two years." The deficit is not a problem, until it is, and as I've stated before here, I don't see it beign a problem until it hits ~180-200% of GDP. We COULD have years left in the bull, or it could end tomorrow.

Last edited:
I agree. It's somewhere between now & a long time from now. That's exactly what I was thinkin

Ah you want a little something for the effort. There won't be any money but on your death bed you'll receive total consciousness. So you got that going for you.

Back
Top Bottom