TD Ameritrade Annoyance

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Well, TD Ameritrade strikes again. I was attempting to move some $ from my TDA cash account over to Ally and my transfer was blocked. No call, just an email saying, "SORRY...your account is restricted".

Once I was able to actually talk to someone, apparently I never signed the sig card for futures trading...an agreement that is dated in 2011! And nope...I haven't traded a single "future" product since I have had a TDA account. Well, they refuse to release any of my funds until this card is signed. I imagine it has something to do with some SEC or IRS regulation, but I really don't appreciate my money being held ransom!

Looks like I will eventually move all my holdings at TDA over to Fidelity...once TDA gives me permission. :mad:

And then Fidelity will do something to piss you off, and then Next Place will do something to piss you off and then ....

And then Fidelity will do something to piss you off, and then Next Place will do something to piss you off and then ....

Are you implying that I should take the crappy customer service and just get over it? This is the third issue I have had with TDA over a period of 6 months. I have yet to have an issue that required multiple phone calls with a lot of other businesses, but if I did...yes, I would take my business elsewhere and I would guess you might too.

Wow. How unfortunate. A good argument for redundancy.

Once upon a time, I knew people who automated back offices of many companies; some in financial services. A common practice when an office was automated was to utilize a business rule engine(BRE) that replaced the thousands of pages of paper documents; only senior people knew or understood these rules. They were often interpreted differently in various areas of the organization, perhaps because of the "state" of the work( I.E. death claims in research might have different rules than those in a processing state).

They were the "business rules". Perhaps when they were discovered some mistakes were made?

The goal of the BRE was to ensure no process, automated or a human, violated the business rules. Unfortunately there's some unintended consequences. Sometimes the original rule was not fully documented or understood. When it was implemented in rules it became law.

I'd pay to expedite the return snail mail, call every day for a status update. They have software that tracks your calls and repeat calls. Eventually you come to the top of the queue. Best wishes.

Are you implying that I should take the crappy customer service and just get over it?
No, I am implying Fidelity will eventually piss you off just as Fidelity pissed me off.

We moved from Fidelity to TDA when an FA we hired said we had to move from Fido to either TDA or Schwab I order to work with her. As soon as we decided to go back to DIY, we moved back to Fido. For us, the website ease of use and customer service are far superior at Fidelity vs TDA.

Back
Top Bottom