Ode to Mdlerth

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A few responses to my first Post. There were some very kind and excellent information given to me. Turned into 11 pages of discussion. You are not a thread killer. You just say what you think and the mods will help if it's inappropriate.

My very first post:
"I've read folks spending after tax dollars, 2500/month. This seems impossible with property taxes (own home) and insurance, a vacation. Need honest and complete spending spreadsheet to compare."

And initial responses...here, not naming the posters.

"You seem to be a troll unless you provide it."

"We need one of those "I am not a bot" tests to sign up here."
'I'm beginning to wonder.

"A new person shows up and in their very first post makes a ridiculous claim and demands to see spending spreadsheets. And so many here just take it in stride and provide detailed responses. Why?" __________________

"I thought the OP came off obnoxious. 2nd post, and it's "I don't believe you. Prove it by showing me your spreadsheets." Which is why I responded the way I did: "I ain't showin' you sh*t." :D

Me here:

"I am super new at this. I'm trying to figure out what the little stars mean."

Last edited:
For a bot, (or a troll), ha ha, You have almost twice as many posts as me

A few responses to my first Post. There were some very kind and excellent information given to me. Turned into 11 pages of discussion. You are not a thread killer. You just say what you think and the mods will help if it's inappropriate.

My very first post:
"I've read folks spending after tax dollars, 2500/month. This seems impossible with property taxes (own home) and insurance, a vacation. Need honest and complete spending spreadsheet to compare."

And initial responses...here, not naming the posters.

"You seem to be a troll unless you provide it."

"We need one of those "I am not a bot" tests to sign up here."
'I'm beginning to wonder.

"A new person shows up and in their very first post makes a ridiculous claim and demands to see spending spreadsheets. And so many here just take it in stride and provide detailed responses. Why?" __________________

"I thought the OP came off obnoxious. 2nd post, and it's "I don't believe you. Prove it by showing me your spreadsheets." Which is why I responded the way I did: "I ain't showin' you sh*t." :D

Me here:

"I am super new at this. I'm trying to figure out what the little stars mean."

It must be that first post...that's why you only have 6 little stars. :D

There are a couple posters on here that just used to rail on me when I first joined. They are still here 'cuz I see an occasional post now and then, but they leave me alone now. I think there is some healthy skepticism on here, but then I think there are some people who just have to be right or are just downright mean.

A thread-killer you were NOT!

Dear Rianne,

I went back to your first post and read the responses. I can't say they were all as hospitable or welcoming as they might have been, but it certainly got lively! The thread continuing for 11 pages indicates you have things to say that people are interested in discussing. I need to work on developing that.

P.S. I'm glad some of the negativity didn't discourage you from returning.

I'm not sure what is the purpose of this thread ? But then I'm not sure about the purpose of life on a grand scale of things...

Sometimes I find I take a little too much happiness or sadness from posting here, and need to remind myself that other people have moods which may be on display when posting, good and bad.

And that even if someone called me an idiot, they are one of billions on this planet, and they could be wrong.

There is a way to ignore posters, I've never bothered to use it, but others do.

Edit:
See, I didn't understand the purpose of this thread, but now I'm getting an idea.... duh..

A first post turning into 11 pages, wow..... I did a post or two that went long, but most fizzle out quick, as I'm probably too boring....
I'd be happy with an 11 page post anyday :D

Last edited:
I'm completely confused by this thread, like I just stepped into the middle of a conversation. :confused:

A little more context for the clueless?

I think it's amazing the universe has created a limitless flow of thought and so many individual and unique waves of consciousness. OM.

Or:

Back
Top Bottom