3-5-2023 4 years and counting down!

Retire2023

Recycles dryer sheets
Nothing like being specific! Long time lurker, just registered today.
My DH and I are both 57 with a 32yo DS/DDIL. My "plan" is to retire 3-5-2023 @61, when I reach 30 years of service with the state retirement system. DH may work a year or two longer depending on how much fun he is still having...or not!

All calculations show we should be fine, but as the saying goes..."Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face", so I guess I qualify as a spreadsheet nerd as I am constantly reviewing and revising! We should have two pensions (one COLA, the other not) plus SS @ 70. That should cover the basics with the good stuff funded by our investments which I plan to keep pretty aggressively invested.
Anyway, that's us and I want to take this opportunity to thank this forum and all the contributors for all of the thought provoking and sometimes amusing topics/conversations. I do lose a lot of time here:rolleyes:

Welcome officially to our wonderful site. Hope to see more posts from you down the road.

The "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" quote is from Mike Tyson.

I remember having on my financial spreadsheet a daily tracker sheet (where I could see my updated totals and track them on a day by day basis). A few years before my 30 & out criteria was met I had a countdown column. I believe I started it right around the 3 year mark (about 1095 days to go). I would look at that, at first thinking that it would take forever. Next thing you know it was 500 to go, then 400, then a year, and then counting down the double digits. I'm now 10+ years past the 0 days to go date...time flies.

Welcome to the forum!

That's what I thought as well, but have also heard that it was Tyson's coach that said it about his opponents, so I didn't want to credit the wrong person. Either way, it really is true!

I have had a daily tracker app since it was still over 3000 days, now it's less than half that! Time really does fly by.

Welcome! I'm "new" here, too. Been lurking for years. I'm also in The Class of 2023 and have an exact date: Jume 19th. Last day of the school year. (I'm a teacher.) Again, welcome! Let's get this countdown started!

I wasted time, now doth time waste me

I do lose a lot of time here:rolleyes:

I don't lose any time here. It's where I come up for air once or twice during the endless hours of slogging for The Man.

If I hadn't stumbled across this forum I'd be looking at FMY instead of OMY. Now THAT would be time lost.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom