The Street.com - Retirement Daily Service

philly17

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone subscribes ($100/yr) to the Retirement Daily on TheStreet.com website.
Interested in any feedback anyone has with respect to the value and usefulness of content offered.
The headlines often get me clicking on it and brings me to paid website.
Thank You.

Why do you subscribe? (edit - or maybe you don't, you are just asking?) -ERD50

Last edited:
Daily ?!??!! We check our portfolio once a year.

Investing is boring. If you're not bored you're doing it wrong.

Good point. If the headlines have him clicking on things, best to walk away from the computer, and let the market do what it will, before you screw it up!

-ERD50

Hi,
Was wondering if anyone subscribes ($100/yr) to the Retirement Daily on TheStreet.com website.
Interested in any feedback anyone has with respect to the value and usefulness of content offered.
Thank You.

Good point. If the headlines have him clicking on things, best to walk away from the computer, and let the market do what it will, before you screw it up!

-ERD50

Ah, come on, guys. The OP was asking for "feedback anyone has with respect to the value and usefulness of content offered." Apparently you don't so why not just leave it alone?

Ah, come on, guys. The OP was asking for "feedback anyone has with respect to the value and usefulness of content offered." Apparently you don't so why not just leave it alone?

Any publication offering "daily information" on the markets is not going to be helpful. Like Oldshooter said - check you portfolio once a year. OK, once a month if you are OCD. :)

-ERD50

I have not subscribed. Potentially will but was looking for any feedback from others that may have already.

I got the message guys :) . I was thinking it was more around content similar to a site like this around all topics related around retirement not just daily stock tips. I find more reading of good content can only further educate me and refine my own thinking and strategy that works best for myself.

I think we can close this thread now.

I used to read street.com eons ago. Pretty much clickbait. Can’t imagine what special value they bring to a retiree.

I used to read the the street.com. I was a member during September 11th and printed the commentary that day. I never really got anything from it except a charge to my credit card. This is a great forum for ideas from like minded people.

Any publication offering "daily information" on the markets is not going to be helpful. Like Oldshooter said - check you portfolio once a year. OK, once a month if you are OCD. :)

-ERD50

I don’t see anything wrong with checking in on your portfolio as frequently as you like. There are so many Internet-enabled ways to do it that it’s pretty easy to do.

It doesn’t mean you have to take action like a day trader.

To the OP

Ignore the peanut gallery [emoji16]

Im not using it but I looked at the link and it seems useful with stuff like withdrawal strategies, Medicare , Social Security, tax strategies, but probably stuff you could glean for free elsewhere. But nice to have it all on one spot. The guy that runs it seems to be Bob Powell who writes extensively on retirement issues and knows what he's talking about. I've read his articles elsewhere. He also answers email questions.

If you're just getting your feet wet or want to ask questions without getting peanuts thrown at you it looks like a good product.[emoji4]

-ERD50
Maybe you guys could actually look at what he's asking about before you unhelpfully dismiss it. It's not all about the markets or investing.

content similar to a site like this

I beg your pardon!
There is nothing quite like this site.

Well, that may or may not be a good thing, I suppose. :ermm:

But more to the point, I looked at it once and thought it was pretty similar to Kiplinger which is considerably cheaper. Not that the Retirement Daily from TheStreet.com is less useful, but it seemed like information most of us already know. If it really intrigues you, then it's probably well worth a C-note for a year's subscription, but I'd be skeptical about your odds of renewing.

Maybe you guys could actually look at what he's asking about before you unhelpfully dismiss it. It's not all about the markets or investing.

Well, things like RMDs, SS strategies, taxes, etc, don't change daily. The market changes daily.

OP didn't provide much/any context, so if OP wants to elaborate, I can adapt my response. I'm flexible :)

-ERD50

Well, things like RMDs, SS strategies, taxes, etc, don't change daily. The market changes daily.

OP didn't provide much/any context, so if OP wants to elaborate, I can adapt my response. I'm flexible :)

-ERD50
"I'm flexible [emoji4]"

And stubborn [emoji16]

Hi,
Thank You.
Searched and found some SoundCloud files from the author.

Back
Top Bottom